WEBINAR: Military Career Transition Q&A, Presented by JWMI
The decision to transition out of the military into the civilian workforce is one that comes with a lot of uncertainty for many veteran job seekers. From knowing your market value to networking, to negotiating and accepting a job offer, the military transition requires diligence and patience.
The Jack Welch Management Institute (JWMI) recently hosted a “Military Career Transition Q&A” webinar presented by Mike Zeliff, former USMC Officer and JWMI’s Dean of Faculty & Students. Mike led a panel of three other veterans, including two JWMI graduates and one JWMI Professor.
The panelists answered questions from attendees based on their own military transitions and provided insight into how they overcame challenges and found rewarding careers outside of the military.
- Having confidence in your military background
- Leveraging education to take you from specialist to an expert
- Establishing a list of criteria for your dream job
- The importance of networking
- Selling yourself using Jack Welch’s “4 E’s of Leadership”