Date Posted: 9/15/2021 10:57:29 AM
Location: Greensboro, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $45,760 - $52,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Production Maintenance Technician positions with an industry leader in pharmaceutical, Rx, OTC, dietary supplement, and animal health packaging.
Location: Greensboro, NC (***Important note. The Greensboro facility is one of very few manufacturing facilities that is temperature controlled.)
Compensation: $22-$25/hour + OT (avg 10 hours/wk @~$35.25 or an extra $350 per week or approximately $18K per year)
Daily Schedule: M-F 7am-3:30pm
Working Conditions: Work takes place in areas where special apparel (smocks, hair nets, shoe covers) and safety equipment will be required, Standing is required for extended periods of time, Requires flexible hours and short notice overtime.
Benefits: ADP Benefits start after 30 days of employment. 401k match up to 3%.
As a Production Maintenance Technician, you will primarily be responsible for maintenance of packaging equipment at the primary and secondary pharmaceutical/nutraceutical packaging facilities in Greensboro, NC. You will also be responsible for monitoring the equipment during each operation to ensure quality and safety are maintained throughout the production run. Responsibilities will include:
• Ensure that all GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and non-GMP systems and equipment are properly maintained, set-up according to procedures, and functioning as designed.
• Conduct spot in-process checks to ensure equipment is operating in compliance.
• Perform the set-up of production equipment prior to the start of each product lot in accordance with company SOPs for safety (including OSHA guidance) and quality controls applicable to the operation, including adjustments for size and/or product.
• Complete all necessary documentation regarding the equipment and its operational performance to meet regulatory and cGMP requirements.
• Look for ways to prevent excess waste of product and/or components.
• Assist Engineering Team Manager in coordinating maintenance activities for production lines and site infrastructure, including Preventative Maintenance and the use of spare parts and inventory updates.
• Offer recommendations for quality, productivity, and safety improvements.
• Company typically hires people with experience in a manufacturing environment that uses some degree of automation, conveyors, pneumatics, and PLC-controlled, but will always make an exception for highly trained and successful military Electricians and Mechanics.
• Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Basic knowledge and use of hand tools.
• Sound decision making skills.
• Good math, reading, writing skills.
• Demonstrated mechanical and electrical aptitude for troubleshooting.
• Mental and visual acuity for production of quality product.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• High degree of manual dexterity, which could be performed under restrictive conditions.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Experience in coordinating the work of outside contractors.