Date Posted: 10/15/2021 5:11:01 PM
Location: Ronkonkoma, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $34 - $40
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Electromechanical Technician positions with a pioneer of the frozen bakery industry and a market leader (the fifth largest frozen bakery in the world) with a presence in more than 50 countries and 21 facilities around the world.
Location: Ronkonkoma, NY
Hours: Wed-Sun 8a-4p. Work weekdays are flexible, but the standard is Wednesday-Sunday.
Benefits: Our client offers a wide variety of benefits including 401(k), medical/dental/vision insurance, short- and long-term disability benefits, 5-days PTO to start, 10 paid holidays, 6 personal days, paid continuing education, and certification courses (PLC’s, machining/lathing/welding, etc.).
As an Electromechanical Technician, you will be responsible for troubleshooting and performing major mechanical repairs with minimal supervision to ensure proper performance of equipment on site, including motors and refrigeration rooms to maximize up time. You will train staff as required and coordinate with other mechanics on duty for repairs and ensure all assigned work is timely completed. Primary responsibilities will include:
• Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on various machines; following diagrams, machine manuals, manufacturer's instructions.
• Troubleshoot malfunction components, systems, and apparatus using testing tools and equipment including locating sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems; and planning the repairs for issues that occur.
• Read and comprehend Maintenance Equipment Manuals, OEM Technical documentation, and mechanical and electrical drawings/schematics. Responsible for using the PC for technical information search, completion of required documentation, email for communication.
• Understand and safely work with AC & DC Voltages, 24-480V. Replace electrical components as needed such as 3 phase motors, VFDs, sensors, motor starters, power supplies, and position sensing devices.
• Remove defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, hand, and power tools; examining devices for repair and/or replacement.
• Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, straight edges, and other tools necessary.
• Through use of CMMS, complete scheduled and emergency Work Orders to maintain optimum manufacturing line efficiencies. Record data into MP2 as required.
• Inform supervisors and others in the management team regarding potential hazards and recommend corrective solutions.
• Keep abreast of new technology, electrical services, devices, and manufacturing processes.
• Follow blueprints and plan a layout to install electrical wiring, fixtures, and equipment.
• Attend company scheduled meetings as required (e.g., safety meetings, production meetings, department meetings).
• Timely inform supervision of any problems or complications that may arise.
• The ideal fit for these positions is any military veteran or civilian with a strong technical skillset and drive to be a part of a high-functioning team.
• This position will be ~80/20 electrical to mechanical. Company has had success with candidates from all branches of service and all military backgrounds.
• Be excited about the opportunity, motivated to learn and grow within the company, and dedicated to keeping equipment in operation to increase profitability.
• Proficient in electrical installations, maintenance, and repair in all settings.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Good interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently.
• Proficient in Microsoft, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, G-Mail, and MP2.
• Must be able to operate industrial forklifts, equipment, or tools.
• Flexible to work overtime including weekends as needed.
• Knowledge of electrical tools and machines used in setting.
• Working knowledge of motor controllers and industrial controls.