Date Posted: 10/13/2021 2:36:28 PM
Location: East Walpole, MA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $20 - $27
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Maintenance Technician positions with one of the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firms.
Location: East Walpole, MA
Schedule: Day shift hours Monday-Friday.
Benefits: Offering highly competitive salary and benefits; great working hours.
As a Maintenance Technician, you will perform general preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, equipment, and grounds. Working under close supervision, you will assist in monitoring building system operations and performance. You will utilize several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating, and cooling. Responsibilities will include:
• Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
• Perform assigned day-to-day repairs, emergency, and preventive maintenance. Complete maintenance and repair records as required.
• Review assigned work orders. Estimate time and materials needed to complete repair. Order necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
• Assist with installation and modification of building equipment systems.
• Assist with troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems to include plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, roofs, drains, shop, and HVAC.
• Inspect new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations.
• Maintain lighting systems throughout the facility, cleaning fixtures and replacing bulbs and lamps.
• Maintain grounds of facility or property performing such tasks as raking, sweeping, leaf blowing, or snow removal.
• Perform welding, carpentry, furniture assembly, and locksmith tasks as needed.
• Respond quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.?
• Make decisions with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
You will be responsible for personal safety and the safety of those who are affected by your work. This includes but is not limited to:?
• Complete all required and assigned HSE training at a satisfactory level.
• Follow all activity policies and procedures, including all HSE-related requirements at all times.
• Participate in all HSE-related programs & activities as required, including incident investigations, interviews, auditing and assessment, etc.
• Report any conditions which you feel could result in an accident or injury and / or stop work if required.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of one year related experience and or training.
• Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
• Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
• Ability to use personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS, and training.
• Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook.
• Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders, and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.