Date Posted: 10/4/2022 1:09:54 PM
Location: Cypress, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Min Years Experience Required: 14
Salary (USD): $85,000 - $95,000
Orion Talent is helping a client hire a Service Superintendent in Cypress, CA.
• Ensure strict adherence to OSHA requirements and safety program as detailed by the company Safety Officer and IIPP.
• Document weekly safety audits and ensures daily safety meetings are being held and documented by each Local Mechanic on mobilized jobs.
• Supervise all field modernization installation activities for elevators and escalators in No. California, as well as possibly selected projects in other locations.
• Supervise field staff (Union Employees) for all assigned installation projects.
• Plan and coordinate all installation activity with internal departments and customers. Establish pre-mobilization requirements with customer and ensure that those requirements are achieved prior to dedicating installation crews. Ensure customer satisfaction.
• Directly plan and coordinate material deliveries with company logistics and field staff.
• Support warehouse activities, both MEUS/EED office/warehouse as well as coordination with outside warehouse locations as required.
• Provide field manpower planning and manage human resources including adding and reducing manpower as required by workload.
• Ensure that all construction projects achieve or beat planned installation hours goals and meet customers’ expectations.
• Scrutinize completed projects for cost and hours performance, identify the lessons learned or overlooked, then incorporate the new knowledge into daily operations, and future projects of similar stature.
• Prepare, maintain, and update construction installation schedules.
• Work closely with project management to help ensure customer and company needs are being met.
• Make recommendations on updates to installation manual and guidelines as directed.
• Offer recommendations to Field Quality & Assurance on modifications that would allow for improvement of installation efficiency and consistency.
• Support and implement installation efficiency method improvements and training plan and provide training for field installers.
• Ensure MEUS/EED quality standards are met in each installation.
• Ensure adjuster’s checklist completion for each unit installed.
• Provide reports as directed by management to update field efficiency improvement progress and objectives.
• Initiate, prepare and follow-up on trouble reports as outlined in the Trouble Reporting Process.
• Maintain and enforce current IIPP and other relevant safety programs.
• Scrutinize time tickets and ensure 100% accuracy of each entry by installation field staff.
• Follow Purchase Order procedures to include timely submittal of packing lists and/or receipts.
• Communicate effectively internally and externally in a clear, accurate, and concise fashion in written format or verbal means.
• Maintain excellent customer relations.
• Location: Cypress, CA
• Travel Requirements: Up to 30% within the region vehicle allowance provided
o The Hiring Manager is looking for someone who is excited about the company and is humble, adaptive, creative and flexible.
o Four-year college degree (Business, Marketing, Construction Management or Mechanical Engineering is a plus).
o Proven military leadership experience.
o Strong people skills.
o Strong oral and written communication skills.
o Strong mechanical/technical aptitude.
o Ability to handle adversity calmly.
o Be humble and flexible.