Date Posted: 6/10/2021 3:31:51 PM
Location: Riverside, MI
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $25 - $35
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Field Service Engineer.
Location: Job can be conducted remotely. Ideal candidate resides within an hour of a major airport to support travel.
Travel: Travel can vary by the job dispatched to, and some travel may be international – Must possess or have the ability to obtain a passport. If a personal vehicle is ever needed for travel, employees are reimbursed $.54/mile. Driving service vans is to be expected.
Compensation: $25 - $35/hr ($48k-$67k) + OT (Time + 1/2 after 8 hours/daily); $1,000 hiring bonus upon 90-day completion goals
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Installs new or modified equipment at customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
• Coordinates and participates in installing unit or system to be tested in test fixtures, connecting valves, pumps, hydraulic, mechanical or electrical controls, cabling, tubing, power source, and indicating instruments.
• Activates controls to apply electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or mechanical power and subject test item to successive steps in test cycle.
• Reviews performance reports and documentation from customers and field representatives, and inspects malfunctioning or damaged product to determine nature and scope of problem.
• Troubleshoots and repairs units that do not function according to specifications prior to shipment including electrical and HVAC systems and controls.
• Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
• Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
• Provides on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment; Maintains records of performance reports.
• Analyzes reports of technical problems to determine trends affecting future design, production, service, and maintenance processes, and recommends modifications to eliminate future problems.
• Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
• Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers.
• Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
• Ability to write corrective action reports and communicate issues and problems back to management for analysis.
• The best candidates possess high mechanical aptitude. Welding experience and certification may move candidates as a priority. Electrical certificate/training, especially working with high voltage power, is required. Also required is a current, valid driver’s license. Able to read both electrical schematics and plumbing diagrams and troubleshoot wiring using multi-meters and amp probes. Able to program and adjust PLCs and VFDs and troubleshoot process control systems as well as understand and troubleshoot electrical and gas fired heating systems. Must be a self-starter and able to work without constant supervision and be willing work overtime on an as-needed basis to maintain customer and company deadlines. Must be able to travel 85% of the time domestically and internationally to customer locations to perform installations, repairs and maintenance as required. Ability to use hand and power tools is also required.