Date Posted: 10/22/2021 2:31:46 PM
Location: Toledo, OH
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $120,000 - $125,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for an Electrical Project Leader (Capital Delivery)
Location: Remote home-based role near a major airport anywhere in the U.S.
Travel: 60% travel, create own schedule, a lot of freedoms, home weekends.
Compensation: $120K-$125K+ starting salary, up to $140K for significant SME experience + 15% target bonus.
Position Description: This candidate will be an essential part of their business operations by keeping their systems/equipment running by installing/assembling, inspecting, and maintaining a variety of electrical & mechanical equipment.
Responsibilities: The Roofing and Asphalt Capital Delivery Engineer (Project Leader) is responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient use of Roofing and Asphalt (R&A) capital resources, being a fully engaged member of the Capital Delivery Team, and accountable for defining/executing capital investment projects in the company’s 28 manufacturing facilities (13 Roofing and 12 Asphalt plants). In this role you will ensure safety with zero injuries to OC employees or contractors, on-time project delivery, project spending consistent within budget expectations, researching/developing proposed business solutions, and overall excellent project management skills. The Project Leader will also assist in creating reliability systems along with supporting the manufacturing facilities to provide optimum operational conditions in the safest and most cost-effective manner. Reporting to the Capital Delivery Leader, you will be the key leader of capital project processes and of people, manage projects by guiding process owners--- Plant Leaders and manufacturing staff, Process (Stable Operations) Engineers, Product Managers, Capital Sourcing--- through the project schedule to perform on time and on budget.
Key responsibilities include:
• Living the Safety standard & responsibilities with zero injuries, perfect quality systems, and a waste free environment.
• Develop project scopes with plant input, including maintenance personnel.
• Effectively lead capital projects from concept to completion in a way that no injuries occur, and timing & spending is within expectations, so that the maximum benefit is achieved with company resources.
• Support multi-plant network with troubleshooting, design, maintenance, and loss prevention assistance when needed.
• Lead multiple electrical projects simultaneously through networking with engineering firms, including Alliance Partners; run projects as project manager, as well as organizing fellow project managers.
• Develop capital approval requests as necessary; ensure the requested funding is consistent with all project requirements so that approved amount is not exceeded.
• Analyze systems, research options, & determine the most optimum cost/benefit relationship to deliver capital projects.
• Ensure compliance with all electrical codes at a local and national level NEC (NFPA 70) and NFPA 70E.
• Ensure all projects are delivered consistent with scope and expectations around operability and cost.
• Good knowledge in both controls and power delivery.
• Engage in process start –up operation, problem solving skills, active listening, and process improvement.
• Lead troubleshooting process issues and developing corrective actions/recommendation.
In this role you will know customers and support capital projects & manufacturing operations, which includes:
• Reaching mutually beneficial agreement with all supported operating departments on required capacity specifications, in terms of Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) or similar metric that measures capacity losses related to quality, availability, and performance.
• Identifies, understands, and teaches others Capital Delivery Procedures required to provide OC manufacturing sites with reliable and productive equipment/machinery.
• Develops and implements procedures & systems to ensure equipment consistently meets/exceeds design expectations.
• Supports the R&A sites to ensure they meet OC customer’s needs.
• Analyzes machine and process data, providing feedback and making recommendations to optimize performance; ensures effective use and integration of information & new technologies.
• Networks with other engineers, site employees, S&T, and other relevant groups to identify and implement best practices for continuous improvement of plant performance metrics.
• Documents Maintenance Deliverables for capital projects.
• Enforces a comprehensive Engineering Management of Change (MOC) process
• Aids in the development and implementation of the plant capital plan.
Requirements: Candidates should have a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or have significant electrical maintenance experience in the military or manufacturing/related industries. Any experience with plant/factory equipment processing is ideal. Candidates must have at least 10 years’ experience working on/with electrical systems, such as switchgear, transformers, power feeds, control systems, variable frequency drives, instrumentation, and communication interfaces, and 5+ years of project management experience. In this role you’ll be leading $450K projects and anywhere from 15-25 projects at a time. Candidates should have experience using Microsoft Office products along with other desirable attributes, such as TPM/EM experience, Lean/continuous improvement experience, along with outstanding ability to lead, communicate, and work as a team across the organization in all project phases from scope and planning through installation and start-up to full production.
Benefits: Offers unmatched, wide-ranging, and complete benefits package including comprehensive healthcare benefits, solid 401(k), stock options, retirement programs, insurance, and much more