Date Posted: 9/23/2021 3:42:14 PM
Location: Niagara, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $90,000 - $95,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Project Manager
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Salary: $90,000 to $95,000
Shift: Full time; typically Monday to Friday
Position Description: Base Operations Support Services Project Manager to lead a large-scale base operations support team of skilled and semi-skilled trades’ people at Niagara Air Reserve Base. The contract will cover all aspects of base operations to include, real property maintenance, base supply, vehicle operations & maintenance, fuel operations, and TMO. The successful candidate for this position will have demonstrated Facilities Engineering and Base Operations Management success, and a broad understanding of Facilities Engineering and Base Operations. The Project Manager will drive operational excellence, champion safety, improve business processes, improve performance metrics, and maintain a superior level of support to the customer. The Project Manager will exercise full authority to act for the Company in all matters related to this contract.
• Serves as the principal liaison between Company and Government on this contract, interfacing with Government contracting authorities, using agencies, technical representatives, and managers.
• Directs and approves contract modifications.
• Develops, implements, and applies management control procedures to ensure that quality and safety standards are applied to all levels of work and defines measures of effectiveness.
• Responsible for safety of all personnel while on the job site, including subcontractor-personnel, compliance with environment standards and quality of work performed.
• Approves budgets, monitors contractual performance, costs of the work, and taking action to minimize/correct discrepant conditions.
• Establishes and monitors the overall Quality Management program. Ensuring all training is performed and realistic goals are established for the program.
• Monitors the performance of subordinate supervisors and the submission of required reports.
• Performs other duties and assignments as required.
• Responsible for keeping current on government regulation and commercial trends. Monitors contract compliance requirements to ensure compliance with Service Contract Act, Davis Bacon Act and other Federal regulations as required.
• May be required to interface with labor union contacts and determine how to handle grievances.
• Bachelor’s degree or leadership experience in lieu of the degree.
• Supervision of 2-60 full time/or part time employees.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while attending to multiple tasks and demands.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with customer(s), direct and indirect staff, supervisory and office personnel.
• Prior Military and/or Contingency Operations experience desired.
• Ability to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience within the last six (6) years simultaneously managing three or more functions of base operating support services or the commercial equivalent listed below:
1. Base Supply
2. Vehicle Operations and Maintenance
3. Traffic Management / Small Air Terminal Operations
4. Real Property Maintenance
5. USAF Fuels Management
Additional Benefits: Offers 401K and insurance; health, dental, vision, life and disability