Date Posted: 5/20/2020 11:13:33 AM
Location: Itasca, IL
Job Type: Full Time
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Vendor Relations Manager positions with a company dedicated to serving the world’s Fire and Emergency Services. Our client is an established leader in the First Responder community that provides superior products and services, earning the trust of its customers. The company is in the process of building the same sterling reputation in the Special Operation/Tactical community and is seeking the right members to the company’s Defense team. Our client’s Defense division offers one of the most complete selections of tactical and emergency equipment including apparel, eye protection, lighting, knives, bags, cases, protective equipment, breaching, climbing, weapon accessories, hydration, boots, gloves, rescue tools, hose, water supplies, nozzles, foam, hazmat and other gear.
As a Vendor Relations Manager, you will be responsible for the interface with key suppliers of tactical and firefighting products and services, which have applications within the defense markets. Responsibilities will include:
• Source new products and suppliers through market research and networking.
• Proactively communicate with suppliers both existing and potential.
• Improve supply chain performance, business relationships, and costs of goods.
• Negotiate contracts, pricing, and terms.
• Ensure products meet quality standards, supply requirements, and timely delivery to customers.
• Organize and analyze data including volumes, types, pricing, average lead times, manufacturers, testing capabilities, certifications, etc.
• Serve as liaison between suppliers and our sales team for product information.
• Assist team members by interfacing with manufacturers and suppliers to answer questions, gather information, and check on the status of issues/special projects/orders, etc.
• Set up and maintain data for purchased items including pricing, costing, lead-time, certifications, and planning information.
• Run purchase order summary reports for suppliers and vendors and reconcile discrepancies.
• Coordinate and maintain contact with manufacturers; send out supplier contracts and agreements for signature and request for quote packages, when applicable.
Location: Itasca, IL (Chicago)
Pay: $80K-$85K DOE
Travel: 30% travel (Travel to industry trade shows, vendor site visits, installations, and calls with field sales reps)
Benefits: Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package including pension, company matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, medical insurance, dental insurance, and other attractive features. Successful candidates are subject to background check, credential verification, and drug screening.
• Ideal candidate is a transitioning or former Junior Military Officer with 5+ years of experience with a communications or supply background.
• Master of Business Administration is preferred.
• This job requires you to meet with customers, so you must be able to meet with them outside under all weather conditions and must be able to travel by car and plane for long distances.
• Must be competent in MS office suite, be committed to providing exceptional customer service, and have a working knowledge of the military requirements development process.
• Self-starter and highly organized.
• Able to juggle multiple duties of inside and outside sales, and support inside salespersons with quoting and customer support.
• Required to understand basic financial concepts and budget your own expenses in a cost-effective manner while being able to turn in all reports in a timely fashion.
• If you have dealt with or understand government contracts and vehicle purchases, you will be correctly positioned for this role.