Date Posted: 5/20/2020 2:05:31 PM
Location: Camarillo, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Buyer positions with a certified and world-renowned high-quality designer, developer, and manufacturer of electro-magnetic equipment, specializing in electric motors, starter generators, and transducers.
As a Buyer, you will negotiate with suppliers for the purchase of designated materials, components, equipment, or services. You will have the responsibility for the purchase and/or procurement of designated materials, equipment, or services. You will be consistent with experience and performance, incumbent progress from less to more complex procurement lines. Responsibilities will include:
• Review and edit requisition for complete ordering information including approved signature, charge/account number, quantity, required delivery dates, description, etc.
• Check for sources, prices, or negotiate for prices and sources when necessary. Prepare requests for quotation; negotiate with suppliers; select the appropriate supplier; and commit purchase-requisition requirements. Prepare purchase orders and amendments, including all technical and commercial requirements; follow-up and ensure requirements are met based on MRP demand.
• Maintain or have maintained systematic purchase order files including all related contractual data; follow-up and notify applicable Company functions of any changes in status.
• Develop cooperative vendor relationships; maintain liaison with supplier and expedite improvements in delivery as required.
• Review and recommend disposition of all invoice discrepancies; work with suppliers for proper disposition of rejected, cancelled, and surplus materials.
• Develop, evaluate, and utilize the capabilities of new sources of supply.
• Develop material cost estimates and lead times for specified items.
• Oversee issue and reorder as required.
• Analyze and interpret industry conditions for specific items which may influence design, lead time, cost, or marketing and notify respective departments.
• Must have good oral, written communications and have a high level of moral and ethical codes.
Location: Camarillo, CA
Compensation: $75,000-$90,000/yr (DOE)
• BS or BA in Business Administration, Engineering, or another related field. One or more year’s procurement preferred.
• Experience with MAPICS/Infor Power-Link MRP and Microsoft Office.