Date Posted: 7/29/2020 8:42:34 AM
Location: Memphis, TN
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $23 - $28
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Maintenance Mechanic positions with a global manufacturer of industrial and consumer packaging solutions. Our client’s approximately 18,000 employees at more than 300 manufacturing and sales locations in 32 countries serve customers in some 85 nations. The company’s packages surround some of the world's most recognizable brands found in pantries, stores, and manufacturing plants virtually everywhere.
As a Maintenance Mechanic, your main role is to maintain and set-up the equipment to perform at optimum levels at all times, although you may also have some leadership responsibilities of directing operators and forklift drivers in certain situations. Responsibilities will include:
• Perform preventive maintenance as assigned daily, weekly, monthly, etc., per PMC program.
• Work with Maintenance Planner and Plant Engineer to schedule all necessary repairs that require equipment shut down.
• Inspect assigned equipment to ensure it is in safe operating condition.
• Perform all equipment set-ups and adjustments to equipment to ensure quality compliance to all measurable attributes.
• Make all necessary equipment adjustments to achieve operational standards.
• Organize changeovers in advance to minimize unnecessary downtime.
• Participate in the continuous improvement efforts outside of Root Cause and Corrective Action by offering suggestions on equipment setup and, or work methods to reduce nonconformance.
• Verify all safety devices (guards, control circuit devices, stop blocks, etc.) on assigned equipment are intact and properly secured at all times.
• Follow all energy isolation requirements (lock out – tag out).
Location: Memphis, TN
Salary: $23-$28/hr depending on experience
Shift Work: 2nd and 3rd shift openings. Mon-Fri with fixed weekend rotation as needed.
Benefits: As a world-class employer, our client provides a highly competitive benefits package including, medical plan, dental plan, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program, defined contribution pension plan, and of course, vacation.
• Training and hands on experience in mechanical troubleshooting and repair. Gears, flywheels, crank shafts, etc, are key components of the systems you will be maintaining.
• Experience and competency with precision measuring tools such as micrometers, dial indicators, and digital calipers.