Date Posted: 6/29/2020 9:58:11 AM
Location: Hebron, KY
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $50,000 - $60,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Production Shift Supervisor positions with a leading blow molding manufacturing company that produces blow molded bottles and containers for a wide variety of industries and companies nationwide, including specialty beverage, dairy, water, juice, food and food service, chemical, healthcare, and many other local, regional, and national grocery, restaurant, convenience stores, and retail companies. Our client’s bottles and containers are made with the highest quality and come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and materials suitable for every industry and customer. Headquartered in Nashua, NH, the company has 10 manufacturing plants nationwide.
As a Production Shift Supervisor, you will lead and manage the production process to ensure production goals are met/exceeded in a safe and cost-effective operational manner with optimized workflow and use of personnel, facilities, processes, and equipment. You will directly supervise production workers to ensure production standards are followed, goals are achieved, positive employee/associate relations result, and policies, rules, regulations, and procedures are followed. Responsibilities will include:
• Develop and maintain positive employee relations by interpreting and consistently applying company policies and practices across the work group, and recognizing, understanding, and valuing employee differences.
• Identify potential/current work issues and resolve them in an appropriate timely manner and suggest methods to improve employee commitment and motivation.
• Communicate company policies and ensure compliance with work rules and safety requirements.
• Employee selection and training on production, department, and company policy/practice-related topics.
• Supervise entire production process to minimize inventory, optimize productivity, and control operating expenses.
• Analyze internal documents and report to ensure production and staff schedules are aligned with production goals.
• Identify/recommend improvements for equipment and worker performance, efficiency, and product quality.
• Monitor equipment and schedule repairs that do not compromise production schedules and demands.
• Inspect products to ensure specifications and assist with machine set-up and adjustments as needed.
Location: Hebron, KY (located in Northern KY about 15 minutes SW of downtown Cincinnati)
Salary: Initial starting base of $25/hr + O/T paid at 1.5X base after 40 hours (~15-20% per week) + shift premium for all non-day shift work. Total 1st Year $60K+
Shift: Night shift (7pm-7am) with an alternating weekly schedule of Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat, one week then Sun, Wed, Thu the next, then repeat. You will work 48 hours one week, then 36 hours the next, with every other weekend off.
Supervisory: You will supervise ~5-10 production associates per shift, depending on position, department, and plant.
Benefits: Our client thrives in providing quality products and services and having employees who are proud to be a part of the team. One of its core employment pillars is providing a work environment that allows employees to flourish and grow. The company’s competitive benefits packages include; vacation, holidays, medical, dental, vision, and 401k programs.
• Ideal for top-notch leaders that possess a great mix of both operational leadership and exceptional performance.
• History of leadership/supervision experience and success in mission accomplishment and results, including the ability to maintain/sustain high positive employee relations, manage multiple priorities against tight deadlines, apply procedures and policies, and effectively address/successfully handle all employee issues.