Date Posted: 9/22/2022 10:44:24 AM
Location: Rockville, MD
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $80,000 - $80,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Engineer positions with the leading worldwide provider of automated compound and biological sample storage and management.
Location: Rockville, MD
Salary: $40/hr plus OT plus bonus plus per diem (when traveling)
Schedule: Work schedule is to align with customer needs. On rare occasions, may be asked to be on-call, or work on holidays, or weekends
Travel: Overnight travel can be up to 50%
Benefits: Comprehensive corporate benefits package
As a Field Service Engineer, you will perform basic/routine customer support activities involving the installation, modification, repair, and preventive maintenance of company equipment and systems generally at customer sites, to ensure proper working order. Responsibilities will include:
• Install, modify, repair, conduct preventive diagnosis, and perform maintenance on the software and hardware of the equipment and systems while adhering to company policies, procedures, and work direction of supervisor or shift/site lead.
• Interface with customers to ensure customer satisfaction with equipment and service levels.
• Maintain a safe and clean working environment by conforming at all times to the company’s and customer’s work protocols and policies.
• Attain Equipment Service and Operation Certification on equipment and systems as defined.
• Submit reports, such as Service and Status Reports, on all support activities as defined and required.
• Productively react to changing priorities such as Tool or Line down and escalations and support organizational and administrative duties.
• Make independent decisions on a daily basis, which can have a significant impact on the business, with major decisions being taken in conjunction with line management.
• Responsible for organizing your own day and working in an efficient manner.
• Overall service responsibility for assigned customer site equipment / type and all relevant associated activities.
• High school degree is required. Associate of Science degree, technical certificate, or equivalent is desired.
• 5 years’ related work experience or military technical training is required.
• Strong Electrical & Mechanical background.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to read, write, and speak with clarity in the English language and interface effectively with customers and peers.
• Excellent systematic troubleshooting skills utilizing a structured and comprehensive process to determine the root cause of an outage, with the ability to handle problems independently and implement corrective action.
• Display commitment to resolve problems and make independent decisions based upon the priority of the problem in relation to business needs.
• Be available and willing to travel, domestically and internationally as needed, and be available for specific emergency on-call work.
• Have a valid driver’s license, reliable mode of transportation, qualified to obtain a credit card for expenses, and able to obtain a valid passport for the term of employment.
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb ladders, scaffoldings, and use Personal Protective Equipment.
• Able to work in awkward positions and in confined spaces.
• Proficient with use of a PC, Windows, and DOS based Operating Systems. Oracle experience is highly beneficial. Be able to use the company’s standard software to generate reports, presentations, and document the daily activities as defined and expected by your manager.
• Work performed generally will be to support global needs. International travel is required at times.