Date Posted: 5/4/2022 4:14:06 PM
Location: Portland, OR
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $30 - $38
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Steel Detailer
• Location: Portland, OR
• Salary: $30-38/hr + $1500 signing bonus + relo allowance (if needed) + employee equity initially ~$6000
• Hours: M-F 6a-3p
Position Description: Steel Detailer
The Project Manager will provide overall direction and leadership for an entire project or a portion of a larger, more complex project in concert with the Senior Project Manager or General Manager. This position will fully implement and manage the operation and administration of the project. Builds and maintains lasting relationships with clients, design teams and subcontractors. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision, and values.
• Provide drafting and design services by preparing and maintaining AutoCAD drawings that compile to create a set of fabrication & installation plans.
• Prepare designs from general instruction, preliminary sketches, diagrams or schematics, and construction drawings.
• Prepare working drawings from conceptual plan, construction plans and construction record drawings
• Visit construction sites occasionally to gain an understanding of the projects
• Adhere to applicable building codes and company design standards.
• Coordinate with other team members including managers, estimators, and office support staff.
• Willingness to assist with a wide range of projects.
• High attention to detail, good organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to ask for additional direction and assistance when needed.
• Proficient in AutoCAD. Minimum 3 years’ experience using AutoCAD to create steel detail drawings & other construction drawings.
• Ability to read both structural and Architectural drawings to detail steel members for shop use to fabricate.