Date Posted: 7/19/2022 11:18:20 AM
Location: Canton, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $125,000 - $135,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Pulp Operations Manager
Location: Canton, NC
Salary: $125k-$135k + $50k sign on bonus
Benefits: Offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401k with company match, and a stock purchase plan plus other compensation benefits.
Position Description: Pulp Operations Manager
This position will have direct management oversight of 5 salaried professionals and is accountable for indirect oversight of 60-70 unionized employees. The Superintendent – Pulp Operations leads the efforts to operate the Pulp Mill safely and efficiently by utilizing a fully integrated, complex, craft pulp and paper manufacturing process. The ideal candidate will be technically oriented, a strong environmental steward who works well with people at all levels in the organization and is an individual who is promotable to higher management positions within the organization. The ideal candidate will preferably have bleached paper experience.
• Manage and provide direction for the activities of Pulp Mill employees to meet production goals while balancing quality, productivity, performance, cost, safety, environmental, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
• This position is a leader in the organization with accountability for strategic and forward thinking skills that will contribute to the overall performance in the Pulp Mill.
• Accountable for daily management of Mill resources, performance management of direct reports, as well as positive and productive employee and labor relations.
• Communicates to all levels of the organization as needed.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills. Has the ability to actively listen and provide feedback to others.
• Drives employee training and provides tools to meet or exceed departmental goals and objectives.
• Resolves employee issues by utilizing problem solving skills while considering multiple sources, such as contract language and future business direction. Addresses issues impacting performance expeditiously getting outside resources involved as needed.
• Strong understanding and application of the collective bargaining process is required. In collaboration with Human Resources, manage the department’s grievance process.
• Build, develop and strengthen through leadership, education and empowerment of Pulp Mill resources to meet safety, environmental, production, quality and cost goals of the Pulp Mill and the Canton Mill.
• Responsible for setting direction, identifying priorities, coordinating the activities of other departments as it relates to the area performance.
• Maintain a high level of environmental performance and continue to strive for continuous improvement while achieving overall mill operational goals. Work safely in compliance with applicable rules, regulations and policies to understand and adhere to OSHA regulations. Ensure all employees are knowledgeable of and adhere to mill safety policies and regulations.
• Promote a safety culture and administer accountability for unsafe behaviors. Ensure supervisors drive safety within their shifts and crews.
• Works with other department leaders and direct reports to promote team work among crew and peers. Monitors and manages the development of the Employees in the area.
• Undergraduate degree required.
• Preferred degree areas include Chemical Engineering, Pulp & Paper, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or eight to ten years’ relevant experience in lieu of degree.
• Other technical undergraduate degrees will be considered when combined with job experience relevant to the job requirements.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience managing pulping and bleaching processes.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience managing others.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Paper Industry is preferred.
• Ability to lead people and get results through others with the ability.
Vaccine Requirement: None