Date Posted: 11/8/2021 12:21:25 PM
Location: Cypress, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Min Years Experience Required: 6
Salary (USD): $90,000
In 1960, our client had emerged as one of the most innovative diversified electrical equipment manufacturers in Japan. Around this time, they also turned their attention to environmentally conscious manufacturing techniques- many years before environmental preservation had become a serious issue. To date, our client maintains this respectful practice and is a global leading Green company.
Position: Project Manager
Location: Cypress, CA
The basic function of this position is to manage field installation activities and personnel in So Cal territory to deliver a quality product in a timely manner and meet or exceed business plan gross profit objectives (original and midyear plans) at time of closing while meeting and satisfying customer expectations.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Ensure strict adherence to OSHA requirements and safety program as detailed by the company Safety Officer and IIPP.
• Document weekly safety audits and ensures daily safety meetings are being held and documented by each Local 18 Mechanic on mobilized jobs.
• Supervise all field installation activities for elevators and escalators in So. California, as well as possibly selected projects in other locations.
• Supervise field staff (Union Employees) for all assigned installation projects.
• Plan and coordinate all installation activity with internal departments and customers. Establish pre-mobilization requirements with customer and ensure that those requirements are achieved prior to dedicating installation crews. Ensure customer satisfaction.
• Directly plan and coordinate material deliveries with company logistics and field staff.
• Support warehouse activities, both MEUS/EED office/warehouse as well as coordination with outside warehouse locations as required.
• Provide field manpower planning and manage human resources including adding and reducing manpower as required by workload.
• Ensure that all construction projects achieve or beat planned installation hours goals and meet customers’ expectations.
• Scrutinize completed projects for cost and hours performance, identify the lessons learned or overlooked, then incorporate the new knowledge into daily operations, and future projects of similar stature.
• Prepare, maintain, and update construction installation schedules.
• Work closely with project management to help ensure customer and company needs are being met.
• Make recommendations on updates to installation manual and guidelines as directed.
• Offer recommendations to Quality Assurance & Safety Department on modifications that would allow for improvement of installation efficiency and consistency.
• Support and implement installation efficiency method improvements and training plan and provide training for field installers.
• Ensure MEUS/EED quality standards are met in each installation.
• Ensure adjuster’s checklist completion for each unit installed.
• Provide reports as directed by management to update field efficiency improvement progress and objectives.
• Initiate, prepare and follow-up on trouble reports as outlined in the Trouble Reporting Process.
• Maintain and enforce current IIPP and other relevant safety programs.
• Scrutinize time tickets and ensure 100% accuracy of each entry by installation field staff.
• Follow Purchase Order procedures to include timely submittal of packing lists and/or receipts.
• Demonstrate basic office skills such as familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Project.
• Communicate effectively internally and externally in a clear, accurate, and concise fashion in written format or verbal means.
• Maintain excellent customer relations.
• Participate in Vision 2020 Committees and process
• Engage in Corporate Social Responsibility activities where possible
The non-essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Performs other job functions as assigned.
• Proven and successful track record of managing field installation activities, or equivalent experience in training and supporting installation activities.
• 5 + years of industry related field installation or construction management experience.
• College degree beneficial but not required.
• Training in basic Microsoft Office skills to include Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project.