Don't miss this opportunity to interview candidates such as P.N.
USMC Helicopter Pilot with an MBA
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Master of Business Administration, Marketing | 2017
University of Maryland, College Park, MD
Bachelor of Science, Business Information Technology | 2003
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA
United States Marine Corps | 2004 - Present
Director of Safety & Standardization / Instructor | 2013 - Present
- Drove progress across operations, logistics, safety, and aviation segments in the U.S. Marine Corps. Trained and mentored over 100 Student Naval Aviators, providing instruction on leadership, operation and employment of CH-53E Heavy Lift Helicopters, building the next generation of aviators.
- Implemented and managed Crew Resource Management Program (team-building and leadership development) ensuring fleet-wide adoption and standardization across multiple units and geographic locations.
- Served on three international, shipboard deployments to four continents, personally flying over 1500 mishap-free flight hours while leading multiple crews in a $40M tactical aircraft.
- Commended by Commanding General for Outstanding Program Management while in charge of military flying squadron's Aviation Safety Program overseeing 350 Marines and $640M in aviation assets.
- Ensured squadron operational readiness by leading and instructing Operational Risk Management classes and training to over 500 Marines while promoting aircrew proficiency and currency.
- Ensured constant accountability of over $50M in squadron assets while flying over 100 hours in support of missions in Nicaragua, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Trinidad, Guyana, and Haiti.
- Delivered over one million pounds of much needed food and supplies to thousands of stranded citizens in dozens of remote villages in Haiti after the effects of Hurricane Ike.
- Exceeded operational goals by coordinating and scheduling all required airspace and deck space requirements between three United States Navy ships, ensuring seamless integration of 22 Marine Corps aircraft.
- Planned and supervised the on-load of six helicopters, 145 Marines, and over $300M in assets aboard USS KEARSARGE in support of a four-month strategic deployment to nine South American countries.
- Scheduled and supervised completion of over 1,200 training and operational flight hours, exceeding fiscal-year flight goals while deployed to Africa and Southwest Asia.
Helicopter Pilot | 2004 - 2013
- Personally flew over 1,500 mishap-free flight hours in military aircraft, achieving Helicopter Aircraft Commander, Section Leader, and Division Leader flight leadership designations and Basic Instructor Pilot, Functional Check Pilot Standardization Officer, Terrain Flight Instructor, Fleet Replacement Squadron Instructor, and Instrument Flight Evaluator instructor qualifications.
- Trained and mentored over 100 Student Naval Aviators, providing instruction on operation of CH-53E heavy lift helicopters.
- Deployed to South America in support of Operation Continuing Promise. Air-delivered food, supplies, and doctors to remote villages in Nicaragua, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Trinidad, Haiti, and Guyana.
- Deployed twice to Africa and the Middle-East in support of the Global War on Terror.
- Planned and supervised the on-load of six CH-53E aircraft, 145 Marines, and all required squadron gear aboard USS KEARSARGE in support of Mission Continuing Promise.
- Coordinated billeting and logistical support for shore-based aircrews while conducting Humanitarian assistance operations in Haiti after Hurricane Ike.
Group Manager, International Manufacturing Company | 2003 - 2004
- Supervised and managed the 11-person special projects department, achieving timely completion, packaging, and shipping of all special-order wood door projects.
- Independently designed and distributed detailed plans and schematics for all specialty door projects, ensuring specifications met customer demands using Computer Aided Drawing software.
- Monitored subordinate employees and handled the tasks of supervising shipping and receiving departments.
- Performed maintenance of records and information management of shipping department.
- Implemented, recommended and supported shipping department to increase the quality control, cost reduction and performance of employees.
Management Intern, American Multinational Retail Corporation | 2000 - 2003
- Participated in a 12-week long retail management internship, learning the value of customer satisfaction, while assisting store managers in daily store operations merchandising, and product management.
- Assisted with holiday rush - managed more than five personnel and ensured coverage for customers. Supervised store flow.
- Ensured registers were open to plan per score card, and delivered customer overrides.
- Monitored merchandising time lines and ensured products, fixtures, displays, and floor plans were placed appropriately.
- Consistently promoted the importance and value of associate engagement by implementing processes and practices to improve engagement and enhance operations.