Don't miss this opportunity to interview candidates such as J.A.
Navy Electrician with Industry Experience
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Electronic Test Equipment
- Handheld Multimeters
- Lean Manufacturing
- Soldering Skills
- Schematic Reading
- Mechanical Knowledge
Quality Assurance Technician, Leader in Process Automation Technologies | 2014
- Tested and evaluated over 50% of all first article PCBs from new supplier.
- In a short time period, functionally tested and logged over 750 PCBs.
- Debugged and verified first failure boards from production, reworked over 50 assemblies and determined their RMA status.
- Worked with engineering team to develop and initiate standards and written procedures for testing to be used in the manufacturing process.
- Used full range of talents including soldering fine pitch SMT, troubleshooting using schematics, documenting testing setup and procedures, and highlighting flawed manufacturing procedures.
Production/Repair Technician / Instrumentation, Utility Services Manufacturing and Consulting Firm | 2011 - 2014
- Responsible for the final assembly and calibration of portable Infrared Controlled Interference Polarization Spectrometer.
- Infrared optics alignment/tuning of Etalon crystals.
- Used proprietary software to create calibration curve and write to EEPROM in DPIR/OMD.
- Final assembly and calibration of the Optical Methane Detector (OMD)®.
- Troubleshot and reworked PCBs for three different major product lines saving the company more than $30K in non-conforming material.
- Integral in many improvements to the DPIRâ„¢ product line which resulted in increased product reliability from 70% to 90%.
- Troubleshot and repaired two major product lines DPIR™ and OMD™; ensured quality control of monitoring units for optimum operation.
- Helped implement the initial launch of lean manufacturing 5S accountability for the company by being responsible for weekly audits of production areas.
- Became proficient in soldering methods such as through hole, fine pitch SMD, cable connectors, through company training and extensive practice repairing PCBs at component level.
- Communicated with customers relaying technical information for distance support and to facilitate customer satisfaction.
- Proficiently used technical manual and schematic drawings to reference repair parts for ordering.
- Used company software to track stock inventory and production work schedule.
Field Service Technician / Instrumentation, Leading Drilling Equipment Manufacturer | 2010 - 2011
- Self-motivated position with little direct supervision and high accountability
- Instrumentation: Gas detectors, Level Sensors, Rotary encoders PLC Cabinets (ACROMAG), HMI troubleshooting, MODBUS.
- Primary responsibility was the maintenance and implementation of company Instrumentation that was used to monitor conditions on land based drilling rigs.
- Installation responsibilities included mapping various sensors to proper PLC channels, and calibrating sensors using various HMI programs.
- Effectively interacted with customers to resolve their concerns.
- Designed and implemented a wiring scheme for instrumentation that was sound yet flexible enough to be easily sectionalized and then re-established.
- Maintenance of LAN for Instrumentation Data which included router configurations, troubleshooting Satellite internet connectivity, and server maintenance.
- Maintained a comprehensive understanding of basic computer hardware troubleshooting, as well as specialized industrial computers.
- Expert use of handheld multimeter as a troubleshooting tool and for calibrating instrumentation.
Service Technician, Infrastructure Technology Company | 2009
- Repaired handheld Druck, Unomat, and Rosemount electronic testing equipment.
- Conducted calibration and linearization of pressure transducers.
- Troubleshot and repaired hydraulic and pneumatic fittings associated with portable test equipment.
United States Navy | 2004 - 2009
Work Center Supervisor | 2008 - 2009
TX; CA; Bahrain
- Provided expert and thorough training to three personnel in work center.
- Implemented and Managed Scheduling of Navy Preventative Maintenance System, resulting in a consistent 95% or greater accomplishment of scheduled maintenance in work center.
- Primary technician of all communications equipment onboard ship, which included military grade UHF/VHF/HF Transceivers, INMARSAT (Saturn B), and CORNET Switching System.
- Primary technician of all RADAR and GPS equipment onboard ship, which included military AN/SPS-55 I-band RADAR, and commercial Raytheon Pathfinder RADAR.
- Maintained Electronic Test Equipment inventory, improving inventory readiness by 15%.
Maintenance Man | 2004 - 2008
- Primary technician on ship's Tactical Air Navigation System, and secured switching system for external communications.
- Supporting technician for all other electronic systems onboard ship, which included all UHF/VHF/HF and SHF transceivers, as well as all of RADAR systems.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Navy Electronics Technician
Great Lakes, IL
Navy RADAR Technician
San Diego, CA
Navy Secure Communications Technician
San Diego, CA