Don't miss this opportunity to interview candidates such as M.S.
Naval Aviator with a Master's in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Master of Science, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering | 2008
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
Bachelor of Science, Physics and Mathematics | 2006
College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA
United States Navy | 2008 - Present
Air Operations Officer | 2018 - Present
Virginia Beach, VA
- As Air Operations Officer, coordinate Navy and Marine Corps aircraft for the Amphibious Readiness Group (ARG), consisting of three core Naval vessels, 12 support ships, in addition to three multi-national assets and their aircraft in the execution of over 4,500 flight hours in support of deployment operations.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate up to 50 manned and unmanned air assets daily, dispersed across eight different platforms including jets, helicopters, and UAVs.
- Direct external logistical support flights from seven host countries for critical deliveries and transportation of ship and aircraft repair supplies, and military and contractor personnel.
- Air liaison for seven ships, assisting in the training and certification of flight deck readiness following ship maintenance periods.
Aircraft Maintenance Officer | 2015 - 2018
Key West, FL
- Developed fuel contract modification requests and laser range certification proposals that increased jet flight operations by 50% for tactical flights and 100% for ship landing practice while simultaneously reducing helicopter crew change time by 66%.
- Directly led 43 personnel as the Maintenance Officer, providing daily Search and Rescue availability with three MH-60S helicopters, valued at over $90M. Ensured compliance with maintenance, safety, and security procedures, and analyzed mission accomplishment (over 750 flight hours) and capabilities to ensure timely planning was conducted and requirements were met to ensure optimum performance achieved.
- Managed 38 maintenance programs during the 2016 Maintenance Inspection, improving 19% in program compliance and practical drills than the previous year.
- Directly managed aviation manning of 48 job billets with diligent oversight, improving aircraft availability by 20%.
- Developed and implemented short- and long-range training plans to meet all unit readiness requirements including certifications, qualifications, and Support Equipment licensing.
- Developed and implemented the first training program for a Bird Dispersal Team of 27 personnel to assist USDA Wildlife Agents in bird deterrence for weekend airfield operations.
- Managed 32 personnel in the operation and maintenance of the airfield, passenger terminal, and aircraft landing systems supporting over 1,937 aircraft, 14,963 passengers, and 1.6M pounds of cargo.
- Awarded both the Navy Commendation Medal and Navy Achievement Medal by the Commanding Officer for exemplary performance.
Naval Aviator / Quality Assurance Officer | 2011 - 2014
- Managed 38 maintenance programs and ensured daily compliance in support of four MH-60S helicopters valued at over $120M and 60 maintenance personnel as the Quality Assurance Officer. Tracked and scheduled training and qualifications for 103 personnel, resulting in over 600 accident-free flight hours.
- Reviewed monthly travel budgets of $330K utilizing the Defense Travel System (DTS) and ensured DoD compliance of Government Travel Charge Card purchases for 447 unit personnel.
- Analyzed and assessed flight data and readiness requirements of 140 personnel utilizing the Defense Readiness Response System (DRRS) to identify program deficiencies and capabilities gaps across three primary mission areas on a bi-monthly basis.
- Developed an automated tracking system for required technical training, saving 12 man-hours of administrative work each week and improving readiness by 17% within three months.
- Trained new pilots and aircrew in tactical flight operations, including operational risk assessment and mission planning.
- Awarded Navy Achievement Medal by Commanding Officer for superior performance.
Naval Air Training Command | 2008 - 2011
- Completed Fleet Replacement Pilot training syllabus with designation as MH-60S Qualified Pilot.
- Graduated from Aviation Preflight Indoctrination, Primary Multi-Service Pilot Training System, and Advanced Helicopter Multi-Service Pilot Training System, earning the designation as a Naval Aviator.
- Successfully completed Officer Candidate School in Newport, RI.