Don't miss this opportunity to interview candidates such as T.B.
US Marine Corps Avionics Officer Pursuing PMP Certification
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Project Management Professional (PMP) | In Progress
Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
Master of Arts, Leadership Studies / Leadership Specialist | 2015
Marshall University, Huntington, WV
Bachelor of Science, Aeronautics, Management Minor | 2011
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, FL
United States Marine Corps | 2004 - Present
Avionics Maintenance Department Manager | 2016 - Present
- Inspired and directed a team of 180 personnel covering nine separate job skill specialties to support flight operations, maintenance production, aircraft component repair, and worldwide deployments.
- Managed and inventoried testing equipment / tools valued at over $60M, ensuring a 100% accuracy rating.
- Identified high "No Fault Found" rates on Weapon Replaceable Assemblies for the Aircraft Survivability Equipment and Electronic Countermeasure systems; coordinated the development of additional aircraft component test equipment generating a cost savings of more than $1M annually.
- Coordinated the upgrade of more than 100 radios across geographically dispersed teams.
- Streamlined daily production operations by reorganizing work center layouts, improving their efficiency and reducing the time between repair stations utilizing Continuous Process Improvement and Lean Six Sigma strategies; resulted in over 12,060 mishap-free maintenance actions annually.
Training Support Department Director | 2014 - 2016
- Served as the team's agency program manager, displaying sound judgment in monitoring and controlling an annual operational budget of $75K.
- Supported the technical proficiency of 2,473 students per year, covering four unique course curriculums.
- Supervised the Learning Standards Office, ensuring all 96 instructors met the training standards demanded to train and mentor aviation personnel.
- Reviewed and evaluated 29 courses taught between two maintenance training teams, verifying their applicability, configuration currency, and technical directive compliance on aircraft systems; supervised the revision and development of updated student curriculums for newly installed aircraft systems.
- Supported the development of an advanced wire repair course for the Organization's avionics technicians.
- Accounted for 298 items of aircraft maintenance tools / equipment, and training aids valued at $200M; oversaw the inventory of 1,995 training support assets valued at $18M.
- Maximized the Administrative Section productivity by processing over 5,000 administrative actions which include, pay issues, travel orders, awards, and legal actions.
Avionics Maintenance Officer and Key Management Infrastructure Custodian | 2008 - 2014
- Directed and led an avionics and electronics maintenance department supporting flight operations, maintenance production, and repair through the troubleshooting of the electronic and electrical systems, and the removal / replacement of aircraft components.
- Coordinated the daily maintenance operations, training, and professional development of avionics technicians working on multiple aircraft platforms.
- Inventoried and safeguarded over 340 classified codes and equipment for conducting secure communications, aircraft identification, and encryption coding, ensuring secure communication and identification.
- Implemented security controls for components / systems critical to local and international flight operations.
- Planned and administered numerous software upgrades on six different aircraft platforms.
- Coordinated maintenance repair and upkeep of facilities, building electrical systems, and infrastructure to improve the quality of personnel workspaces while operating domestically and abroad.
- Served on the promotion selection board in 2012, preparing, briefing, and selecting qualified personnel for promotion to the next rank.
Avionics Electrical Systems Technician Supervisor / Quality Assurance Inspector | 2004 - 2008
- Gained technical experience leading, mentoring and supervising the production of avionics electrical technicians as a first-level supervisor.
- Guaranteed the quality and accuracy of maintenance and repair of engines, airframes, hydraulic, and avionics (electrical, communications and navigations components) systems as a certified Quality Assurance Representative, ensuring aircraft were safe for flight.
- Trained and empowered 10+ team members to effectively utilize equipment and resources for maintaining aircraft systems and components in support of flight operations.
- Executed organizational-level aircraft maintenance, including scheduled inspections, repair, modification, and replacement of system components.
- Performed troubleshooting tasks, diagnosed malfunctions, and determined the type and depth of repairs by reading and following electrical / mechanical schematics; troubleshot computer networks and aircraft technical systems.
- Repaired aircraft electrical systems by replacing or repairing wires, plugs, connectors, control units, switches or relays, and then performing system and electrical functional tests returning aircraft to safe and serviceable conditions.