Don't miss this opportunity to interview candidates such as J.M.
Air Force Industrial Mechanic
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Troubleshooting and Repair
- Manuals, Blueprints and Schematics
- Appliance Testing and Inspection
- Aircraft Group Support Equipment
- Quality Assurance
- Customer Service
Aerospace Ground Equipment Journeyman, United States Air Force | 2010 - Present
Barksdale Air Force Base, LA
- Maintain, inspect and repair over 700 pieces and accessories of powered and non-powered flight-line ground support equipment. Inspect, diagnose, maintain, and operate test setups and equipment to detect malfunctions. Repair, rewire, and troubleshoot electrical systems.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications. Apply operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Operate in austere environments in support of specialized Aerospace Ground Operations.
- Performed a periodic inspection on Munition Handling Unit (MHU)-83 Bomblift. Completed a 72-hour task flawlessly with 24 hours.
- Performed maintenance repairs and modifications on various aircraft ground support equipment including motor generator sets, air compressors, air conditioners, heaters, light-sets and test stands.
- Performed 600 unscheduled inspections on user-ready equipment; reduced major equipment defects by 75%.
- Utilized a new technique to replace the plenum gasket on six Turbine Engine Bleed Air Systems three hours ahead of schedule.
- Awarded the Quality Assurance Award for performing multiple tasks without any discrepancies.
- Received Outstanding Unit Medal for keeping within a commission rate of 93%.
Delivery and Installation Associate, Appliance Retailer | 2007 - 2009
- Delivered and installed over 2,000 pieces of home appliances.
- Serviced and repaired domestic electrical and gas appliances including washers, dryers, refrigerators and stoves. Disassembled appliances to diagnose and repair units.
- Relayed repair cost estimates to customers and recommended modifications and repairs; achieved high ratings in customer satisfaction.
- Conserved, recovered, and recycled refrigerants used in cooling systems. Reclaimed refrigerant from over 1,500 A/C and refrigerator units in compliance with EPA standards. Upgraded worn-down units for sale.