Don't miss this opportunity to interview candidates such as D.C.
USNA Graduate; Navy Nuclear Submarine Officer
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor of Science, Quantitative Economics | 2014
United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD
United States Navy | 2014 - Present
Submarine Squadron Six Safety Program Manager | 2016 - Present
- Currently in the role as Safety Program Manager and authority for nine subordinate operational submarine safety programs.
- Communicate and resolve safety issues across multiple government agencies and contractors pertaining to nuclear and conventional submarine maintenance and operations.
- Perform safety inspections and audits ensuring compliance in numerous OSHA areas to include but not limited to electrical safety, hazardous material control, respiratory protection, fire-fighting and damage control equipment, hearing and eye sight conservation, and risk management of complex multi-system maintenance evolutions.
- Analyze and trend safety data as well as ensure timely investigation and reporting of safety mishaps of subordinate units.
Electrical Division Officer | 2016
- Led and mentored a division of nine enlisted nuclear trained electricians to include personnel evaluation and performance feedback.
- Directly responsible for multi-million-dollar equipment vital to electric plant operations to include technical troubleshooting, scheduling and monitoring corrective and preventative maintenance, and electrical safety controls on high energy systems.
Chemical and Radiological Controls Officer | 2016
- Led and mentored a division of five nuclear trained Engineering Laboratory Technicians to include personnel evaluation and performance feedback.
- Maintained strict and dynamic chemistry requirements in a S9G nuclear power plant to ensure reactor safety requirements were satisfied.
- Processed all work controls, ensuring nuclear maintenance on radioactive/potentially radioactive systems were executed safely and in accordance with Navy and federal regulations.
Naval Nuclear Propulsion Officer Program | 2014 - 2016
- Completed a world recognized technical training program building a foundation in electrical power theory and generating equipment, thermodynamics, material science and metallurgy, nuclear physics, and chemistry.
- Qualified Engineering Officer of the Watch on a S8G nuclear power plant, demonstrating proficiency in managing a watch team while safely executing critical nuclear operations.
- Proven ability to succeed in an industry where strict adherence to requirements, controls, and policy rooted in the core value of integrity are vital for successful operations and safety for personnel.