Don't miss this opportunity to interview candidates such as T.M.
US Air Force Academy Graduate with an MBA
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Master of Business Administration, Global Energy Management | 2017
University of Houston, Houston, TX
Bachelor of Science, Behavioral Sciences | 2009
United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, CO
Associate Project Manager, Global Provider of QA and Engineering for the Oil & Gas Industry | 2014 - 2016
- Provided QA/QC, administrative and management support to 10 clients; projects covered various tool types, including: directional drilling and rotary steerable equipment including mud motors, drilling jars, liner hangers, packers, reamers, stabilizers, PBLs, valves, fishing tools, M/LWDs, handling equipment including elevators, bails, power tongs, lifting equipment, crossover subs, pup joints, casing, drill pipe, cementing equipment and drill bits.
- Led team of over 150 field QA/QC Domestic and International Technicians providing services on drilling and completion tools; provided 24/7 technical support to program-specific on-site technicians and drilling teams.
- Provided technical support to third party QA/QC Technicians monitoring inspection, assembly and testing of drilling and completions equipment.
- Developed and maintained Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics to drive process improvement with equipment vendors and third-party inspectors based upon conformance to DS-1®, API and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specifications.
- Evaluated root cause analysis and provided recommendations for response to help mitigate future Non-Productive Time (NPT).
- Reviewed and Audited vendor invoices for excessive / incorrect charges to help minimize overall costs.
- Responsible for successful project initiation, delivery, and closure, including: transition of accounts from the Sales Department, personnel selection, project tracking and coordination with the Accounting Department on billing and collection needs.
- Collaborated with clients to develop, implement, and maintain a QA/QC program tailored to meet their needs.
- Identified and solved quality issues on behalf of the client. Educated client personnel on DS-1 inspection requirements and other company services.
- Assisted engineering and sales teams to identify other value-added support for current and future clients.
- Provided regular summary reports to the clients that included key findings, metrics, and value adds.
- Supervised, lead and communicated client job expectations to the field technicians and served as the technicians' point of contact for issues on the job.
- Ensured that lessons learned and customer requirements were catalogued and disseminated as appropriate.
- Supervised the maintenance, security, and operation of a 4.4 square kilometer compound with a 60-person indigenous staff and a $412K operational budget; trusted to operate independently at a remote location in Iraq.
United States Air Force | 2009 - 2014
Force Support Officer / Services Flight Commander | 2013 - 2014
Travis AFB, CA
- Directed overall operations, administration, and fiscal management of largest Sustainment Services Flight in Air Mobility Command. Led and oversaw 57 active duty military, 10 appropriated fund/110 non-appropriated fund civilians, 120 contractors and $50M in assets encompassing four activities.
- Tracked financial performance, trends and internal quality control. Supervised personnel management and disciplinary issues.
- Directed, coordinated, and oversaw work through subordinate supervisors and advised staff regarding policies, procedures, and directives of higher-level management to ensure services and functions were in line with organizational goals and mission requirements.
- Steered $9.5M Facility, Fixture and Equipment operations; led 24-hour flightline food operations and directed 680,000 meals, generating $4.6M in revenue.
- Oversaw busiest lodging operations in Air Mobility Command; lodged 160,000 travelers and procured $9M in revenue with $3M profit, while maintaining 81.2% occupancy rate
- Led 16 members for the $50K renovation project of the Officer's Club; garnered John L. Hennessy Award for the "Best" Food Service Operations Program of the Year in the Air Force.
Force Support Officer / Deputy Chief of Protocol | 2012 - 2013
Travis AFB, CA
- Led flawless support of countless distinguished visitors to include former United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, United States Senator Richard Lugar, United States Senator Barbara Boxer, as well as county supervisors, mayors, Tuskegee Airman and several General officers.
- Orchestrated 125 ceremonies and 50 socials to include an Air Force Purple Heart Ceremony, Air Force Gala, and Honorary Commander's Induction Ceremony.
- Directed all Wing Protocol procedures during the base Compliance Unit Inspection (CUI), ensuring first-class support for inspectors and base leadership; protocol management and guidance were key to Travis' overall CUI "Excellent" rating and $500K in awarded funds.
Force Support Officer / Chief of Readiness & Plans | 2011 - 2012
Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, AK
- Created Installation Deployment Readiness Center webpage and newsletter; distributed critical deployment information to Unit Deployment Managers; program lauded as "best seen to date" during Pacific Air Force's Compliance Unit Inspection.
- Repurposed 754 deployment equipment items through the Defense Reutilization & Marketing Office; reorganized the base readiness warehouse and decreased equipment issue time by 12 minutes per person.
- Developed the Total Force Accountability Cell tracker, providing a simplified and 100% effective product to maintain personnel accountability; oversaw seven Emergency Management Exercises, 52 Squadrons and 9,758 military members.
- Revamped unfilled deployment tasking process; applied seven-day fill requirement and decreased overdue Wing suspense's by 30%, ensuring installation ranked #1 in fill-rates for Pacific Air Force Command.
Force Support Officer / Squadron Section Commander | 2009 - 2011
Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, AK
- Developed Squadron's first Enlisted and Officer Performance Report tracker; decreased late evaluation ratings on over 250 reports, improving timeliness to the Military Personnel Section to a 90% on-time rate.
- Arranged briefings for Wing leadership and six base agencies, educating over 680 members on current issues; led Company Grade Officer Council as Secretary and Professional Development Chairman; garnered two Junior Officer of the Quarter Awards.
- Underpinned C-17 Crash Team; purchased $56K in aircraft recovery equipment, supporting 40,000 man-hours and 200,000 pounds of cleared crash debris.
- Received the Lance P. Sijan Award, one of the U.S. Air Force's most prestigious awards that recognizes individuals who have demonstrated the highest qualities of leadership in their jobs and their lives.
- Executed three Article 15s under the Uniform Code of Military Justice and 20 Letter of Reprimand actions, maintaining good order and discipline in Pacific Air Force's largest Squadron.