Don't miss this opportunity to interview candidates such as L.F.
West Point Graduate with Industry Experience
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Master of Science, Nuclear Science and Engineering | 2013
Idaho State University, Idaho Falls, ID
Bachelor of Science, Nuclear Engineering | 2005
United States Military Academy, West Point, NY
Reliability Engineer Team Leader, Leading Steel Maker | 2012 - Present
- Develop and facilitate the implementation of the next generation reliability-centered maintenance program for a Hot Strip Mill processing 3.2 million tons of steel per year with approximately 10,000 assets.
- Conduct root cause down time analysis utilizing predictive maintenance techniques, vendor knowledge, and employee subject matter experts.
- Manage multi-discipline teams to improve asset reliability. Drive the maintenance practices from reactive and time-based preventative maintenance to 89% condition based.
- Direct the implementation process by evaluating business processes and applying training, tools, or resources required to improve KPI compliance.
Nuclear Engineer Design Fellowship, R&D Organization for Advanced Space Nuclear Systems | 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
- Part of a team developing a high performance, fast spectrum, bimodal nuclear thermal rocket engine for propulsion and power generation for space missions from low earth orbit to Mars.
- Responsibilities included heat transfer, reactor, and system analysis. MCNP, Matlab, STAR-CCM +, and Solid-Works programs assisted analysis and model development.
Energy Research and Business Analyst Intern, Leading Non-Profit Research Enterprise | 2010 - 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
- Performed a comprehensive analysis on the energy supply and demand for the state of Hawaii. Developed a strategic plan for the state of Hawaii to use new technology (next generation nuclear power plant designs and biomass conversion processes) to create jobs, increase energy reliability and self-dependence while reducing cost and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Provided recommendations to the nuclear process heat design team.
- Prepared presentations for Hawaii government officials and other stakeholders.
United States Army Officer | 2005 - 2012
Battalion Assistant Operations Officer S3 | 2010 - 2012
Idaho Falls, ID
- Responsible for maintaining current information on the status boards and supervising the upkeep of the operations map overlay for the battalion.
- Supervised the activities of the operations section and managed the tactical operations center in the absence of the Battalion Operations Officer.
- Assisted the battalion operations officer in training, planning, and execution of battalion operations to standard.
- Assisted the battalion staff with the production of operation orders.
- Assumed the responsibilities of the Battalion Operations Officer in his absence.
Golf and Bravo Company Commander | 2009 - 2010
Fort Leonard Wood, MO
- Company Commander of a unit responsible for the technical and combat training of 6,000 Soldiers annually.
- Training disciplines included electricians, surveyors, engineer divers, and warrior tasks and battle drills. Consolidated two units with 60% of normal staffing levels while maintaining a high standard of training.
- Managed and mentored 76 permanent staff who executed the mission of the unit. Accountable for equipment valued at $4M.
- Provided direction and policy to fully accomplish the unit's mission. Continually evaluated unit's performance to ensure goals were achieved.
Battalion Maintenance Officer | 2008 - 2009
- Managed the maintenance of over 500 pieces of equipment including complex construction machines during a high operational tempo.
- Reduced the number of out of service vehicles from 10% to 2% during the deployed time. All maintenance operations of the subordinate units were successfully conducted without negative impact on the battalion's mission.
- Managed acquisition of repair parts shipped from North America, so they arrived in a timely manner.
- Reported directly to the Battalion Commander and worked closely with the Battalion Executive Officer.
- Responsible for inspecting five subordinate companies to ensure their operations were running to standard.
Delta Company Commander | 2007
Sheppard Air Force Base, TX
- Commander of a company tasked with training over 300 Soldiers per year as plumbers and linemen for the Engineer Regiment.
- Responsible for training, safety and welfare of a 17-member staff and their families as well as 300 trainees.
- Accomplished a record of zero safety incidents during tenure. Managed multi-discipline teams to work towards common goals set by company, battalion and higher levels in the command tree.
Training Officer | 2007
Tblisi, Republic of Georgia
- Planned and implemented training for 120 Republic of Georgia Soldiers in combat engineering skills including explosives and urban combat.
- Provided mentorship to the Georgian Officers as they prepared for a deployment to Iraq.
- Planned, resourced and implemented a culminating field training exercise for 240 Soldiers to perform a final skill review before completing training.
- Represented the United States Army with professionalism in a foreign country learning local customs and developing fruitful working relationships despite a language barrier.
Executive Officer | 2005 - 2007
Sheppard Air Force Base, TX
- Responsible for the company's daily operations including logistics, administrative tasks, and training.
- Second in command for the unit and advised the Commander on all issues.
- Responsible for tracking inventory of sensitive military equipment and technology valued at $2M.
- Reviewed and implemented recommendations from the after-action review process, resulting in continuous improvements of unit effectiveness.