Don't miss this opportunity to interview candidates such as D.M.
West Point Graduate with Industry Experience
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor of Science, History | 2007
United States Military Academy, West Point, NY
Production Supervisor, Leading Soft Drink Company | 2017 - 2018
- Provided leadership and guidance to 20 direct reports to execute production of high-speed bottling line.
- Streamlined maintenance process by level-loading maintenance schedules, resulting in an increase in work order completion rate from 85% to 93%.
- Oversaw efforts during process improvement project to maximize raw materials yield, decreasing syrup yield loss from 2% to 1.5%. Wrote standard work instructions for all machines on two production lines while implementing multiple visual troubleshooting guides at the point of use.
- Initiated and led multiple risk reduction projects (RRNs), resulting in the identification and mitigation of multiple workplace hazards.
Global Pulp and Paper Company | 2014 - 2017
Account Manager | 2016 - 2017
- Responsible for maintaining existing customer accounts and developing new profitable business for the company using consultative sales techniques.
- Won the business of two major manufacturers and a large school district in the first month on the job, supplying more than 75 tons of material per month to the plant.
- Co-managed book of business with more than 25 accounts, totaling more than 1500 tons of recovered fiber supplied to paper mills.
Interim General Manager / Plant Superintendent | 2014 - 2016
- Managed all aspects of plant and transportation operations, serving approximately 20 direct reports.
- P&L Responsibility while managing production, shipping and receiving, and equipment and vehicle maintenance.
- Environmental Health and Safety program coordinator for plant and responsible for DOT compliance.
- Streamlined production processes and material flow resulting in increased profit margins and $40K/month improvement in EBIT after being appointed to Interim General Manager.
- Introduced safety, quality, and productivity metrics to track daily management of plant.
- Created employee-driven safety committee and expanded upon Safe Behavior Observation program.
- Scored an impressive 97% on annual corporate DOT audit in 2016.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Manufacturer and Distributor of Copper Building Wire and Cable | 2012 - 2014
- Internal consultant for the elimination of waste in various manufacturing processes to include Single Minute Exchange of Dies (SMED), Visual Management Boards, kanban, and visual scheduling.
- Led a successful Lean Six Sigma Black Belt project, resulting in reduction of defects by 34%. Led kaizen reducing changeover time by 62%. Wrote standard work instructions for all production lines.
- Worked with operational excellence consultant on major lean transformation project resulting in 33% increase in machine productivity.
United States Army | 2007 - 2012
Battery Commander | 2010 - 2012
Fort Sill, OK
- Responsibilities included planning and management of training, leader development, and combat readiness of 20 direct reports. As Battalion Safety Officer, ensured OSHA compliance and Safety Program Management.
- Created leadership development program for more than 100 new officers in training.
- Scored 100% on safety audits; reduced equipment inventory, saving the Army more than $30K.
Platoon Leader, Executive Officer and Logistics Manager | 2007 - 2010
- Chief operations officer and second in command of a Patriot Missile Battery; awarded prestigious US Pacific Command Supply Excellence Award.
- Ranked #1 out of 25 Lieutenants and #2 out of 15 Captains on annual performance report, with recommendation for accelerated promotion.
- Managed resources, logistics, and Battalion Safety Program for unit consisting of 600 soldiers, $200M worth of equipment, and annual budget of $12.5M.
- Executed numerous logistics contracts for the battalion totaling more than $10M during FY10.
- Served as Protocol Officer for the Commanding General, coordinating VIP visits from the Japanese military.
- Responsible for the training and development of more than 30 soldiers and $25M worth of equipment.