Don't miss this opportunity to interview candidates such as D.H.
Naval Construction Project Manager with Industry Experience
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering | 2009
West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
Project Manager and Estimator, Civil Division, International Engineering and Construction Contractor | 2015 - Present
- Project Manager for over $2.5M worth of heavy civil construction projects.
- Estimated over $10.4M worth of heavy civil construction project bids.
- Managed the project's budget, scope of work, crew and equipment allocation, material procurement, approval of crew payroll, change orders, and the invoicing of completed work to clients.
- Determined cost codes, approved invoices from subcontractors, monitored job costs vs. expected revenue, and made necessary budget management decisions.
- Developed and maintained project financial projections and equipment projections.
- Established and maintained schedules for up to 15 separate projects at one time.
- Provided management of quality control, risk, safety, and compliance for the project and team members.
- Supervised up to 20 employees including the Assistant Project Manager, Superintendent, Foreman, and crew members.
- Effectively communicated with crews, clients, prime contractors, subcontractors, inspectors, and unions.
- Developed and allocated project estimates into financial system.
Construction Project Manager and Facilities Manager, United States Navy | 2008 - 2014
Virginia Beach, VA
- Project Manager for over $20M worth of government construction projects.
- Provided management of 950 facilities valued at $1.5B.
- Delivered $100M in services to 50 supported companies.
- Oversaw $16.7M worth of maintenance and repairs at various facilities.
- Planned and budgeted for all public works support, to include labor, materials, and equipment, totaling over $100K for the base Air Show with over 270,000 spectators.
- Provided engineering supervision and direction to the production division of public works department.
- Coordinated the maintenance, transportation and utilities functions, allocating resources in accordance with company priorities.
- Maintained liaison between public works department and other components in regard to construction and facility matters.
- Managed over 100 employees supervising their administration, discipline, training, and welfare.
- Ensured required state of readiness of unit personnel, equipment and material.
- As Command Duty Officer, liaised between the CEO and all companies, while also assisting senior leadership with rapidly changing environments.
- A Training Officer, managed and scheduled training events for a command of over 600 employees.
Engineering Intern, North American Construction Services Provider | 2007
- Worked and learned the processes of construction management, field engineering, environmental engineering, and safety on work sites.
Senior Trooper, Police Department | 1999 - 2005
- Provided for public safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies, protecting people and property, enforcing motor vehicle and criminal laws, and promoting good community relations.
- Upheld federal and state laws of West Virginia.
Finance Technician, United States Marine Corps | 1994 - 1998
New River, NC
- Prepared, maintained, reviewed and processed payments of personal financial records and fiscal accounting.
- Handled adjudication, computation, review and payment of vouchers of reimbursement for official travel.
- Supervised 15 employees working in personal financial records and official travel payment functions.