Don't miss this opportunity to interview candidates such as R.P.
Army Logistics Officer with a Master's Degree
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Master of Science, Management in Science and Technology | 2006
Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering | 1995
Portland State University, Portland, OR
United States Army Reserves | 2015 - Present
Safety Officer / Captain
- Safety Officer responsible for coordinating safety activities for four Expeditionary Sustainment Commands.
- Responsible for the Accident Prevention Program which includes identification of trends, conducting risk assessments, facilities inspections, and recommendations of risk control measures.
- Conduct accident investigations and reports, safety workshops, and advise local command on safety issues.
Logistics Officer / Captain
- Attended and completed Captains Career Course in multifunctional logistics while on full time active duty status.
Production Supervisor, American Pulp and Paper Company | 2015 - 2016
Buena Park, CA
- Responsible for meeting production deadlines for four FLEXO machines and one high speed DRO MARTIN die-cut machine. Plant operations shut down permanently in September 2016.
- Ensured the safety of 15 employees; enforced strict PPE rules; conducted Safety Blitz plant-wide inspections and followed up with corrective actions; conducted weekly safety and environmental meetings.
- Planned, assigned, and directed work for all second shift hourly production employees, appraised performance and provided feedback or discipline as required; conducted time clock management using Kronos software.
- Conducted and monitored rigorous quality checks throughout the converting department utilizing InfinityQS Proficient software.
- Utilized Kiwiplan Factory Floor Feedback software to maximize use of production resources.
- Submitted, tracked, and followed up with maintenance work order requests using the Maintenance Operations Enabler application (MOE).
- Conducted timely and meaningful mid-shift, end of shift, and event driven status reports to all departments.
- Assisted accounting department by receiving all converting department purchase orders using MP2 software.
- Involved in continuous improvement opportunities, housekeeping, and minimization of waste at all machines.
United States Army | 2007 - 2015
Buena Park, CA
Logistics Officer / Captain | 2013 - 2015
Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA
- Supported 4,600 personnel, 320 Stryker Vehicles, and over 1,000 wheeled support vehicles for the 3-2 Stryker Brigade Combat Team. Total equipment supported valued at over $1B.
- Project Manager responsible for fielding new equipment, equipment upgrades, accountability audits, transportation coordination, arranging supply management training, compiling unit maintenance statistics, and presenting logistics readiness review reports.
- Lead Contracting Officer for the Brigade's 2014 training rotation. Supervised a team of five contracting Officer representatives, monitored contractor performance, performed inspections, and submitted inspection reports. Creatively supported training rotation exercise with less than a third of the normal $1M contracting budget.
Commanding Officer / First Lieutenant | 2012 - 2013
Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan
- Responsible as Commanding Officer for 140 Soldiers in a Headquarters Company for the 296th Brigade Support Battalion while deployed to Afghanistan. Served in a Captain's position while holding the rank of First Lieutenant.
- Commanded five Field Feeding Teams, a Battle Staff, and a Support Operations section that provided tactical logistical support over a battlespace equal in area to the size of West Virginia. Supported over 6,000 personnel with food, water, fuel, ammo, equipment supplies, mortuary affairs, and transportation coordination.
- As Mayor Cell Officer-in-Charge, was responsible for a fleet of 50 non-tactical vehicles, gas card program, hosting VIP visits, and the upkeep and maintenance of several acres of land and large buildings inside KAF, Afghanistan. Responsible for building power generators, to include maintenance service, refueling, and replacement.
- Retrofitted existing office buildings and sourced equipment for an internet cafÃ©, movie theater, Xbox gaming room, and 2000 sq. ft. fitness center in order to give Soldiers throughout the combat zone a place of rest and recovery.
Platoon Leader / Second Lieutenant | 2010 - 2012
Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA
- Responsible for the operational readiness, accountability, and training for five squads consisting of 50 Soldiers and $10M worth of petroleum supply, water purification, and transportation equipment.
- Conducted several large-scale field training exercises across the United States that certified the battalion for combat readiness and ultimately prepared the platoon for their upcoming deployment to Afghanistan.
- Provided operations planning and distribution support for a record-breaking 510,000 gallons of fuel to the 3-2 Stryker Brigade Combat Team during 2011.
- Commanded 20 unique convoy operations, four training ranges, and one battalion-wide warrior challenge course.
Automated Logistics Specialist / Specialist | 2007 - 2010
Ft. Hood, TX; Taji, Iraq
- Aviation Technical Supply Specialist for Chinook (CH-47F) and Blackhawk (UH-60, HH-60) helicopters.
- Responsible for ordering, receiving, securing, distributing, turn-in, and inventorying over 4,000 unique specialized aircraft parts in order to keep over 50 aircraft operational and mission ready in Iraq.
- Awarded Army Commendation Medal and Army Achievement Medal for exceptional service and actions during Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Technical Marketing Engineer, Semiconductor and Electronic Company | 1999 - 2004
- Project Manager for a fleet of over 350 demonstration computers for use throughout the United States for promotion of the company's latest processors and desktop boards.
- Provided event planning services, on-site setup, on-site technical support, and executive presentation support.
- Supervised a team of computer technicians, managed system hardware builds, operating system and driver software configurations, hard drive imaging, and system testing.
- Utilized a custom web-based logistics and internal customer ordering database to manage demo system allocation in order to support multiple concurrent marketing events.
- Events supported in person: Consumer Electronics Show, Intel Developer Forum, Electronic Entertainment Expo, Cyber Athlete Professional League tournaments, Game Developers Conference, LinuxWorld, Intel Science and Engineering Fair.
- As part of the Rose Festival Airshow Core planning team, acted as the technical lead for Intel's demonstration tent. Designed floor plan layout, power requirements, procured all demonstration hardware and software, and setup four motion simulator rides that simulated flying Apache helicopters.