Date Posted: 11/17/2023 1:22:41 PM
City, State: Columbus, OH
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $90,000 - $110,000
• Title: Quality/Environmental Manager
• Location: Columbus, OH
• Shift: M-F normal working hours
• Compensation: $90 - $110K
• Benefits: Robust benefit package
Position Description: Responsibilities include:
• Ensuring that the organization’s QMS and EMS are defined, implemented, audited, and monitored to ensure that the company’s documents comply with the customers’ quality standards.
• Maintenance, effectiveness, and consistency of the QMS and EMS.
• Head the quality audit team and adhere to audit schedule.
• Management Representative (MR) for external audit reviews.
• Major duties for this position will involve internal and external ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and BA 9000:2016 quality related work.
• Review all internal Work Instructions and processes and make applicable updates. Analyzing Information, Reporting Research Results, Technical Understanding, Promoting Process Improvement, Developing Standards, Managing Processes, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Supports Innovation, CAD, Quality Engineering, Operations Research.
• Determines quality and environmental improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
• Establishes statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error, determining levels of confidence.
• Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods.
• Internal and External Training for the workforce related to Quality, Environmental and Manufacturing processes.
• Liaises with group-level supplier management function to ensure the Supplier Management process is compliant.
• Monitors all reports of non-compliance resulting from customer, registrar, and regulatory audits to ensure corrective action plans are in place.
• Manages to ensure sites key procedures are in alignment with corporate quality guidance documents.
• Manages to ensure review committee for key QMS processes are implemented and fully operational throughout the manufacturing.
• Ensures information impacting QMS processes is cascaded appropriately throughout the organization.
• Ensures Management is informed promptly of changes/trends in the Quality Management System regulations and standards impacting the organization.
• Collaborating with managers/engineers to develop and implement controls and improvements.
• to be checked and what the quality standards are.
• Update our Quality Management System (QMS) with incidents, fixes, and improvements!
• Prepare reports on malfunctions and corrective actions (e.g., number of defective raw materials per order).
• Review current blueprints and quality documentation.
• Set and track quality and environmental assurance goals (e.g., reduce average turnaround time for quality checks by 20%).
• Work with internal teams to increase customer satisfaction by improving the quality of products.
• Carryout workplace programs and procedures that control or prevent chemical, physical, or other risks to workers
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline (i.e., engineering, computer science, quality assurance) with 5 years relevant experience and/or equivalent experience and training in lieu of formal education.
• Directly related experience to ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and ISO 9001:2015.
• 2-5 years of Metrology Quality Experience preferred.
• ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor certificate.
• ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Audit Training certificate.
• ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Lead Auditor certificate is a plus.
• RCCA experience.
• Experience communicating with accreditation and certification bodies.
• Experience in Facility Security along with having Security Clearance is a plus.
• Experience with Government Contracts is preferred but not required.
• Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
• Must be proficient in NetSuite Oracle platform including manufacturing and/or distribution related business.
• Building knowledge base for internal/external teams.
• Must have strong organizational skills, high level of accuracy, strong written and verbal communication skills, and time management.