• Title: Nuclear Seasonal Field Service Engineer
• Location: Glen Rose, TX (Southwest Fort Worth, TX area; Comanche Peak Nuclear Station is between Granbury and Glen Rose, TX; which is about 40 miles SW of downtown Fort Worth.)
• Shift or Travel: Travel is an essential job requirement for this position. You must be open to heavy travel 8 months of the year..
• Compensation: Total Compensation as a Field Engineer = $120 – 150k
o Bonuses/Additional Compensation- 1st Year Base Salary = $90 – 100k (depending on education and experience; could be more, for candidates with specific nuclear outage field experience). First Year Base Salary = $90 – 100k (depending on education and experience; could be more, for candidates with specific nuclear outage field experience)
• Benefits: Company offers an excellent global benefits package Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Mental Health, Substance Abuse, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurances, Short and Long Term Disability, 401K Savings Plan with matching contribution, Financial Planning Tools, Training and Education, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Business Casual Dress, Employee Discount Program, and much more.
• Vaccine Requirement: Not required
The company’s Service Engineers travel to power plants across the U.S. and are responsible for the maintenance and upgrades to some of the largest and most powerful electrical generation machinery in the world including gas turbines, steam turbines and generators.
• You will work directly with leading staff of field service engineers to develop skills that include equipment operation, maintenance, job site safety, project management, leadership, and company’s business systems
• Once you complete training, as a Field Service Engineer, you'll be supervising technicians and mechanics working on turbine generator equipment during power plant maintenance shutdowns (outages), both planned and unplanned system outages which can occur due to equipment performance issues.
• Your team will be responsible for disassembling, inspecting, and reassembling turbines and generators
• You'll coordinate the upgrading of mechanical and electrical systems on turbine generators to increase power output and efficiency
• You will collaborate with company worldwide engineering staff to perform niche mechanical and electrical testing
• You will serve as the primary customer contact during outages and ensure repairs are made in a timely and accurate manner
• While deployed, you will work extended working hours of up to 12-14 hours per day including weekends/holidays.
• As a Field Service Engineer, you will have 4 months off a year (December, January, June, and July)
• Candidates must have strong backgrounds in heavy electrical maintenance and testing with good leadership. Candidates with college degrees are strongly preferred. Candidates with good Project Management skills are preferred. Candidates must have good interpersonal skills, strong customer facing skills, and a general desire for heavy travel and field service.
• What the company is looking for: To find answers to the toughest questions of our time, we need people who dare to ask them. Open-minded, curious people who have a thorough understanding of the world we live in. Dedicated people who are determined to find answers. People who want to make a difference. Just like the more than 360,000 people of the company. And, maybe, just like you.
• An additional advantage is international work experience. Professional capabilities such as a wide-range of basic-knowledge, the willingness to quickly adapt to new fields of knowledge and methods, good English language skills and personal abilities are all an added bonus, as is your ability to work in a team and to deal with analytical and complex problems.
• A matter of attitude: We are looking for open-minded and creative team players who are on the one hand experts in their field and on the other hand target-oriented. Does this describe you? During your studies and in the workplace? – Great!
Our expectations: As an innovative company we are looking for committed, creative people who are able to find and successfully implement new solutions.
1. Why are you interested in working for the company and particularly this Field Service Engineer position?
2. Think about a time you had to fix something that was broken. What was your process to repair this? What steps did you take to resolve the issue? Please be as specific as possible.
3. Tell us about a time you had to explain a complex technical problem to someone. What steps did you take to help them understand and correct the problem?
4. Tell us about a time you have faced a challenge and overcame it.
5. Tell us about your most successful professional project.
6. Tell us about a time you had to fix a mechanical problem. How did you fix it? If you have worked with power generation equipment, please give us an example of this experience.
7. Tell us about a time you have worked on a team that has not agreed on an approach to something. How did you resolve this disagreement?
8. Describe your leadership experience. What is the largest team you have led?
For more than 160 years, the name of the company has been synonymous with internationality and worldwide presence. Today, the company is active in around 190 regions, occupying leading market and technology positions worldwide with its business activities in the Energy, Healthcare, Industry, and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors. In the ten largest country organizations alone, employees from around 140 nations are at work on innovative concepts and visionary ideas. Overall, with 360,000 employees around the world, company is well positioned to offer its customers local, targeted, and tailored solutions. In addition to the more than 285 manufacturing locations worldwide, The company also has office buildings, warehouses, research and development facilities, and sales offices in nearly every country around the globe.
The company offers a wide range of pioneering products for energy efficiency, industrial productivity, affordable healthcare and intelligent infrastructure, with a growing focus on sustainability. Their environmental portfolio is already the most comprehensive in the world. Company Healthineers is dedicated to helping you get the most out of your investment throughout the entire product life cycle and beyond. The company Healthcare understands that investments in healthcare technology today will have profound effects on both patients and business for years to come. The goal is to enable the client to take technology further, profitability higher, and patient care to the next level. A leader in the integration of imaging and therapy, laboratory diagnostics, and IT, company Healthineers helps optimize patient care from diagnosis to treatment and beyond. The company is engaged in current policy, advocating initiatives to help make healthcare faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Company is a global powerhouse! It is a global team of more than 91,000 dedicated employees across 90 countries and is one of the world’s leading energy technology companies. The company works with its customers and partners on energy systems for the future, thus supporting the transition to a more sustainable world. With its portfolio of products, solutions and services, The company covers almost the entire energy value chain – from power generation and transmission to storage. The portfolio includes conventional and renewable energy technology, such as gas and steam turbines, hybrid power plants operated with hydrogen, and power generators and transformers. More than 50% of the portfolio has already been decarbonized. The company a global market leader for renewable energies. An estimated one-sixth of the electricity generated worldwide is based on technologies from the company. Company generated revenue of around €29 billion in fiscal year 2019.
This position provides:
• Seasonal Schedule w/ 4 months of guaranteed time off
• Excellent experience to lead teams and projects within the nuclear generation services industry.
• Lots of exposure to customers
• Top Tier Corporate Benefits Package
• Strong Pay for working 8 months a year!