Position ID: # EB-1367877304
Date Posted: 3/16/2023 9:44:38 PM
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Min Years Experience: 5
Salary: $34 - $34
Job DescriptionPosition Details:
Title: Field Service Engineer Location: North Phoenix, AZ Shift: Days / M-F
Compensation: Hourly wage of $34+ depending on qualifications and experience with OT and annualized bonus
Benefits: Benefits may include a pension plan (401k plan); a healthcare benefit plan including, for
example, dental care; vacation and holiday pay as well as paid time off; short-term and long-term disability coverage.
Travel: Primarily local.
Vaccine Requirement: Not required
• Perform installations, preventative maintenance, and remedial repair maintenance on complex electronic / electro-mechanical semiconductor capital equipment at the company’s global customer locations.
• Have the ability to assist in customer escalations and manage beta-site projects.
• Create and maintain a high level of customer delight through advanced customer service skills, implementing fast quality responses to both internal and external customers while maintaining a safety-first mentality.
• Will be required to develop action plans for problem resolution and be able to present to internal and external customers.
• Develop improvements for processes, hardware, and software for continuous improvement of company
equipment / business operations. y
• Previous experience working on semiconductor tools within a production environment.
• Solid hands-on trouble shooting foundation (no parts replacers) and aptitude to learn a variety of technical systems.
• Fundamental understanding of Ohm’s law and Kirchoff’s voltage law
• Knowledge in any or all of the following areas is a strong plus: wafer fab, closed-loop gas, and vacuum control, RG induced plasma, electro-pneumatic controls, microprocessor-based controllers, robotics, basic concepts of software, toxic and/or flammable gasses and acids.
• Basic troubleshooting techniques in repairing complex microprocessor-controlled electromechanical systems.
• Safety mentality.
• Maintain strong organizational and leadership skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Working knowledge of Oscilloscope’s and DVM’s.
• Clear and concise (English) verbal and written communications.
• Knowledge of structured problem-solving techniques.
• Working software knowledge of MS office.
• Strong positive attitude with excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to handle most customer situations.
• Strong positive attitude.
• Ability to work with hand tools.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work alone and/or with limited supervision.
• Ability to work responsibly with all company resources.
• Be able to interpret electronic / electro-mechanical schematics and drawings.
• Must be able to work compressed workweeks and overtime when required.
• Must be able to work in a clean-room, fully suited in clean-room garments and self-contained breathing apparatus.
• Proven ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task multiple work assignments. Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Ability to communicate proactively and interact with internal/external contacts at any level. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle private and confidential information in accordance with company’s interest and
policies, legal requirements, and business ethics.