Our client is an innovator of technologically advanced tube and sheet metal fabricating solutions. They strengthen and grow partnerships throughout the United States and Canada and their mission is to transform manufacturing capabilities with smart technologies that optimize operational efficiencies, upskill the work-force, and provide sustainable growth for long-term success.
Position: Field Service Engineer
Pay: $32 - $37 per hour
Under direct supervision of the Service Manager, performs new equipment installations, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and emergency repair of company equipment at the customer site. Facilitates timely resolutions to customer issues and/or questions while maintaining a positive client relationship.
• Supports the sales staff in servicing company equipment
• Installs new equipment at customer sites
• Performs preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, emergency repairs, and service of equipment for customers at the customer site
• Carefully and accurately documents all service performed on the equipment as well as what service needs are to be accomplished on the equipment in the future
• Maintains excellent customer service and customer satisfaction
• Demonstrate applicable company software capabilities to the customer
• Prepares service reports and installation forms, timely and accurately
• Accurately track expenses and completes expense reports in a timely manner
• Maintain a safe work environment and operate within OSHA/MIOSHA guidelines
• Communicate with other departments as necessary
• Ability to work overtime as required by workload and customer necessity
• Other duties as assigned by management
• High School Diploma required, Associate Degree in a technical discipline is preferred or comparable military experience
• 2 – 4 years of experience in a similar technical position
• At least one year of experience in a customer service role
• Ability to travel 90% as assigned by management
• Our client accepts candidates with Trumpf laser machine experience, Amada Laser, Mazak laser and other similar laser machinery experience
• Valid Driver’s License with no more than two (2) points on a driving record within a three (3) year period
Knowledge, Skills, and other Abilities:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Able to effectively use the Internet
• Ability to understand and use I/O structure for technical trouble shooting purposes
• Ability to effectively utilize electric/electronic test/measurement equipment
• Must be able to effectively understand, analyze, and resolve technical mechanical or electrical issues based on measured data results
• Proficient in reading and comprehending technical information as presented in equipment manuals or in electronic media
• Ability to accurately document technical data in terms of the steps taken to resolve equipment and product issues
• Ability to communicate technical issues as well as the steps taken to resolve those issues with the company corporate office
• Proven customer service skills with a primary focus on customer relationships
• Highly organized
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Resourceful; able to discern who to call for assistance based on the technical situation at hand
• Must have excellent time management skills
• Effective team player who can work with all levels of team members as well as with all different types and levels of customers
• Fluent in Italian preferred, but not necessary
Equipment, Machinery, Tools, and Vehicles Used:
• General office equipment, including, computers, printers, fax machines and telephones.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must be able to accomplish to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to manipulate, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and
• arms; stand; talk and hear; walk; sit, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and lift or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral visions, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this position, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret technical data, information and documents, analyze and solve problems, use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; work under imposed manufacturing deadlines; interact with staff and other organizations; and frequently deal with dissatisfied or quarrelsome individuals.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
• The incumbent works primarily in a manufacturing facility where the noise level could be moderate to loud. Occasionally will perform work in an office environment.
• The position requires approximately 90% travel. Technicians must be available to travel both domestically and internationally as required by management.