From its beginnings to today, our client has successfully executed projects that extend from small data cabling jobs to large, complex, integrated security systems in environments ranging from portable classroom buildings to international airports. In all cases, the company has differentiated itself from the competition by following the business principles outlined below.
Position: Field Service Engineer
Location: Austin, TX
Pay: $28 per hour + overtime
Responsible for leading a small team of security technicians to complete electronic access control, video surveillance, intrusion detection, and related projects safely, within time constraints, at or above quality standards, and within budget. The Lead Technician's duties include, but are not limited to, assisting Project Managers with planning daily tasks, managing materials and equipment, leading and executing installations, troubleshooting and resolving issues, communicating with customers, installation progress tracking and reporting, conducting quality control inspections, and testing systems. This position requires highly motivated individuals with a superior work ethic and professionalism that are committed to delivering work of the utmost quality that exceeds industry standards. Most work will be in the greater Austin area with occasional travel throughout Texas.
• Plan daily tasks with the Project Manager
• Conduct safety meetings with team
• Lead, coach, train, manage, and mentor technician team
• Competently install and troubleshoot electronic access control, video surveillance, and intrusion detection systems consisting of, but not limited to, structured cabling, IP-based network cameras, mounting hardware, card readers, request to exit devices, door contacts, electric lock hardware, power supply and door controller enclosures
• Maintain a mastery of low voltage systems, relays, principals of normally closed/normally open, series and parallel wiring
• Possess a general understanding of network topology and ethernet networking
• Use a multi-meter to test for voltage, continuity, amperage, and resistance
• Read, analyze, and interpret construction drawings, wiring schematics and product installation manuals
• Possess mechanical and computer skills
• Operate any hand tools and equipment necessary to perform all job-related tasks
• Document and report progress in a timely manner to Project Managers and customers
• Communicate effectively in written and verbal for with internal staff and customers
• Display a positive attitude to fellow team members and clients.
• Willingness and ability to be a team player.
• Ability to focus and complete assigned tasks and prioritize when given multiple tasks.
• Organizational, analytical, and detail-oriented abilities.
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
• Strong communication skills, attention to detail and follow through
• Must possess the ability to write job progress reports, effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors and customers.
• Must possess a clean record for more than 5 years and be able to pass a criminal history background check conducted by the Texas Department of Public Safety.
• Applicant must pass a drug screen urinalysis.
• Must be fluent in all applications contained in the Microsoft Office Business Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook), basic understanding of IP networking.
1. Military experience with electronics and low voltage electrical is ideal.
2. At least 2 years of relevant leadership experience
3. Familiarity with the following systems:
• Access Control
• Software House
• LifeSafety Power
• Video Surveillance/CCTV
• Hanwha Techwin
• Intrusion Detection
• Honeywell Vista
• Structured Cabling