Position ID: # EB-1687238974
Date Posted: 11/29/2021 12:33:04 PM
Location: Detroit, MI
Job DescriptionOrion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Technical Sales Representative
Location: X2 openings Grand Rapids, MI & Detroit, MI
Travel: You will work remotely within your territory traveling in a 3hour radius from the city center.
Compensation: First year Salary $82K + Relocation Package + mileage reimbursement over standard rate
Training: Extensive training package – 12 weeks in Chicago + working with mentor in the field
Position Description: As a Technical Sales Representative you will be responsible for proactively expanding our business with new and existing customers within your assigned sales territory. Our direct-sales professionals work in a local sales office two days a week and visit customers on-site three days a week to provide consultative, solution-based sales. You will be challenged to develop a deep understanding of our products, industry knowledge, and our business model through our extensive classroom training, mentorship, and continuous training and development opportunities. With dedicated corporate support and marketing groups to assist our sales force, we are in a unique position to rapidly expand our business together.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate aggressive corporate growth goals
• Responsible for growing revenue and number of customers in assigned territory by targeting key OEM’s, contractors and end users to meet assigned measured goals and objectives.
• Resolve questions from key customer decision makers, manufacturing reps, specifiers, distributors, and contractors
• Prospect new business through cold calls, warm leads, and collaboration with sales office team to exceed monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales quotas.
• Work directly with customers to understand their business operations and provide face-to-face consultations to add value to their organization through implementation of company products.
• Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in adapting to the company’s expectations and the challenges customers present you.
• Travel to customer locations three days a week and work successfully in a wide variety of manufacturing and laboratory environments.
Requirements: Seeking an experienced, high caliber Technical Sales Representative. The Technical Sales Rep calls on general manufacturing plants and corporate offices in an assigned territory. May conduct marketing surveys, effectiveness reviews of calls/sales activities, and territory analysis. Services accounts, suggests and presents new products, and takes orders. As appropriate, the Technical Sales Rep assists marketing personnel on advertising and promotional sales strategies. Employees act on their strong desire to make a difference, partner with others and put ideas into action. Employees are engaged by a work culture that is team-oriented, fast paced and progressive. Bachelor’s degree is a must in a relevant technical field or equivalent.
Benefits: Full health benefit package with medical, dental, vision, life, disability, HSA and paid time off.
Career Progression: The company looks out for employees that will perform and add benefit to their team. They like to promote from within and after a period of time it is possible to apply to higher roles within the company.
Does not require the COVID Vaccine
1. Online pre recorded video (5 behavioral questions)
2. Technical assesment (not pass/fail, used to gain an understanding of your technical proficiency)
3. Final in person interview, candidate is flown to corporate office or alternate virtual interview.