Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Project Manager positions with a global leader in energy efficient and sustainable air treatment and climate solutions. Using innovative technologies, our client creates the perfect climate for customers in a wide range of industries, the largest being the food, pharmaceutical, and datacenter sectors. Today manufacturing, sales, and service are carried out in more than 30 countries. The company has about 3,900 employees, including temporary workers and an annual net sale of about 7 billion.
Virtual interviews for the Project Manager position will be held on January 27.
As a Project Manager, you will provide effective leadership, supervision, and delivery of projects within the operations, manufacturing, and production function in close cooperation with the project owner. You will be responsible for the successful delivery of all work elements, ensuring compliance with the statutory and legislative requirements, and ensuring that the project is delivered on time, to budget, and according to quality requirements. Additional responsibilities will include:
• Serve as the primary contact during the design, manufacture, start-up, and commissioning of large projects.
• Gain a comprehension of customer design requirements through the review of specifications, drawings, and customer interface. With this knowledge, create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to changing needs and requirements.
• Define project scope, cost estimates, goals, and deliverables with collaboration from company’s sales, engineering, production, quality, and service groups.
• Help prepare, review, analyze, and negotiate project contracts.
• Manage project contracts including managing risk of contractual obligations relating to projects.
• Effectively communicate relevant project information to management.
• Develop equipment/ project scope definition and "turnover" documentation to engineering, production, and service for manufacturing and servicing the equipment.
• Prepare contractual claims, including extensions of time, prolongation cost, acceleration cost, and all other contractual claims.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation as needed for project support. This could include IOM’s, Test Scripts, Equipment Maintenance Checklists, etc.
• Manage day-to-day aspects of all assigned projects.
• Manage day-to-day client interactions.
• Provide timely response to all project support requests.
• Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
• Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Understand basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections.
• Understand pricing model and billing procedures.
• Follows-up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
• Ensure project legal documents are completed and signed on a timely basis.
• Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Follow through and review equipment design and fabrication to ensure equipment cost and profitability are met.
Location: Norfolk, VA
Salary: $70K-$90K + Per diem & Mileage
Travel Requirements: This is a work-from-home position that will require that you visit project sites twice a week (up to 33% travel). Projects are in Virginia and DC.
Schedule: M-F, guaranteed to be home every weekend
• Medical and Dental Plan
• Education Reimbursement
• Bonus Program
• Gym reimbursement
• Vacation and holiday pay
Career Development: Our client has many programs in place to help you succeed, grow in your field, and reach for new roles:
• Technical, Leadership, and Coaching Skills Training
• Mentoring within your department and across the organization
• Internal courses on topics such as diversity and inclusion
• Career planning to allow you to see the skills you need to achieve your goals
• Minimum of BS in Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering, or related discipline.
• 5+ years’ experience in management of multi-million dollar projects specific to HVAC equipment and installation preferred. Controls experience.
• Engineering Knowledge - Exhibits and applies wide engineering knowledge in own area of responsibility and working knowledge of other engineering disciplines to provide technical support to operations, process & design, and/or projects. Leverages this knowledge to meet and exceed professional engineering standards and identify new technical solutions.
• Engineering Design - Builds on technical knowledge to identify conceptual design solutions which fulfill the strategic requirements and develop sustainable design outcomes. Cooperates with other functions to meet the strategic and quality requirements.
• Technical Standards - Ensures organizational adherence to engineering standards, establishing and monitoring work against safety procedures and assessing processes and projects as required. Displays an excellent understanding of engineering standards to analyze the cost, time, and quality of projects and initiatives.
• New Technology & Delivery - Develops new technology solutions based on innovative techniques and design, which provide outstanding technology delivery for customers and enable market expansion for the company. Cooperates with other relevant functions to optimize innovations and improvements to deliver on cost and timeline requirements.
• Safety, Health & Environment - Exhibits knowledge and skills in implementing safety management and responding to emergencies. Applies in-depth knowledge of safe working practice and systems to monitor strict compliance.
• Documentation & Record Management – Demonstrates proficiency in processes documentation, handling and retrieval of data to make valid manuals available across the organization.
• Strong Communications/Interpersonal Skills.
• Self Motivated and Driven.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high pressure environment.
• Strong Computer Skills including - CAD, MS-Project, Office.