Position ID: # EB-1337149849
Date Posted: 12/7/2022 11:58:06 AM
Location: Cleveland, OH
Salary: $80,000 - $100,000
Job DescriptionPosition Details:
Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Cleveland, OH
Shift: Mon-Friday 1st shift
Compensation: $80-$100k depending on qualifications and experience!
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, competitive PTO plan, and more!
Travel: Local travel may be required on occasion
Vaccine Requirement: Not Required
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will analyze engineering design documents and/or prototypes and make recommendations concerning required methods, processes, tools, jigs, fixtures, etc., which are required to fabricate a product. Responsible for resolving manufacturing and tooling problems, Writing CNC programs using Esprit CAM software, set-up, assisting in first-piece evaluation, tool proofing, corrective actions, and maintaining existing tooling, CMM work. Ensures paperwork and proper tools are available prior to setting up operation. Provides direction to lower-level Manufacturing Engineering department employees. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• CNC programming using Esprit CAM software.
• Works on complex projects in development of methods and processes to manufacture products
• Prepares cost estimates for product and make/buy analysis
• Investigates, establishes, and implements requirements for equipment, tooling, materials, and methods of production
• Evaluate and initiate orders for new machinery and equipment required in production process and recommends capital purchases
• Helps determines best utilization of equipment, facilities, material flow, and personnel
• Investigate and trouble shoot technical problems
• Review engineering design changes and recommend modifications to minimize cost and ease of manufacturing
• Write, review and revise operation sheets, process drawings, shop packets and prepare or direct preparation of time studies
• Work with programmer when necessary to review programming and tooling of CNC equipment
• Confer with design engineering and use concurrent engineering on design changes, tooling, and new product development programs.
• Prepares documents such as manufacturing processes and quality documents.
• Works with MRB to disposition non-compliant product as well as create rework routers and dispositions.
• Performs other related duties as required and may be assigned.
• Must be an experienced and mature team player and strong self-manager; able to mentor and contribute to a good team, to extract the best performance possible.
• Must understand data, and possess exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities,
• Must be a ‘hands-on’ type individual, with the ability to interface on the shop floor, as well as senior leadership when necessary.
• Complies with and conducts business in accordance with the letter, spirit, and intent of all relevant laws and regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions; wherefore, refrains from any illegal, dishonest, unethical conduct. Maintains communications with all employees, vendors, customers, and others in a cooperative and professional manner, while treating them in with dignity, respect, and courtesy.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred
• 5+ years manufacturing engineering experience.
• This person would be working on the shop floor as well as from their desk, overseeing legacy product, and supporting new business projects.
• Experience in machining, fixturing and knowledge of CNC equipment such as Swiss machines, Mill, lathes with live tooling, mill-turns, etc.
• Hands on and analytical. Has the ability to shift gears quickly and wear many hats.
• Must be comfortable occasionally working in a hands-on engineering lab to help technicians set up tests, tear down parts, etc.
• Knowledge of and experience in the aerospace manufacturing businesses is a plus
• Must have the ability to recognize opportunities for new products and manufacturing technologies.
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Experience with and proficient knowledge in use of computers, MS Office Suite, computer aided design (CAD) software, CAM software such as Esprit is a plus, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
• Candidates must be action oriented and self -starters.
• US Citizen