Position ID: # EB-1728373948
Date Posted: 8/16/2022 10:53:46 AM
Location: Kansas City, MO
Salary: $100,000 - $120,000
Job DescriptionThe Data Scientist II leads moderate to highly complex data science and analytics projects that require skills in a diverse array of data science applications to support process improvement, defect reduction, and predictive analytics for manufacturing and business.
Summary of duties:
• Responsible for problem analysis, customer interaction, solution design, front end and back-end integration, maintenance, and support of data science and analytics solutions
• Independently develop data science models or algorithms using disciplined software development processes, making recommendations for developing new code or re-using existing code, implementing version control, and maintaining documentation of created applications
• Work directly with customers and business partners to develop requirements and provide technical solutions through an analysis of manufacturing/business needs and pain points.
• Define and implement ingestion, data preparation, curation, and governance of large, multi-faceted data sets supporting analytics models and workflows
• Contribute to the production of information products, supporting visualization and data accessibility in a customer centric manner
• Evaluate and make recommendations regarding technical advances that improve productivity and quality, reduce flow times, and enhance operational surety
• Develop guidelines and standards for analytics and machine learning models, their deployment, and associated processes
Location: Kansas City
Travel: 10% on average, mainly to suppliers and the national labs.
Pay: $100K - $120K based on qualifications/experience + relocation + sign-on bonus + outstanding benefits
• U.S. citizenship to obtain and maintain US Department of Energy Q-level security clearance
• BS in engineering from ABET accredited institution or master’s degree in data science or related field, or two years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree
• Two or more years of relevant experience in data science or related technical activities
• Demonstrated analytical skills, proficient with computer software applications, and the ability to produce and consume written documentation.
Desired Experiences & Qualities:
• Working knowledge of statistics, statistical modeling, and statistical process control
• Practiced using scripting and querying languages such as Python, R, SQL, and others
• Effective communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) for interacting with customers and peers
• User experience mindset, including the production of visualizations and infographics to distill complex information
• Experience producing analytics data visualizations, preferably using Tableau, MicroStrategy, or equivalent
• Experience working with Hadoop, Hive, Apache Spark, etc.
• Experience with machine learning, neural networks, deep learning.
** If selected to interview additional information including critical insights and keys to success will be provided.