Job Ref: # EB-9625447932
Date Posted: 11/22/2023 2:56:06 PM
City, State: Remote, US
Salary: $150,000 - $175,000
Job DescriptionTitle: Project Manager – Geothermal Systems
Location: Can be based out of any of our client's U.S. offices.
Compensation: $150k-175K Base Salary (more for Sr. PM), depending on experience and location, plus Bonus.
Benefits: CDM Smith offers some of the most competitive and comprehensive benefits in the industry:
• Medical, Dental, Vision plans, Short and Long Term Disability plans, Wellness Program.
• 401(k) Plan with match, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Assistance, Adoption Assistance and Commuter Program.
• Life and Accident Insurance plan, Auto and Home Insurance plan, Business Travel Insurance plan.
• Paid Time Off, Flexible Work Options, Employee Assistance Program.
Travel: Able to travel approximately 10% of the time – may vary depending on workload and project demands.
Vaccine Requirement: No corporate vaccine policy.
Our client is seeking a Project Manager to be focused on the siting, design, and construction of networked, district-scale geothermal heating and cooling systems, within their Industrial Division. The company has a tremendous pipeline of ground source Geothermal projects and the PM be involved with planning, designing, and supporting construction of networked geothermal projects in the Northeast and Colorado, with ongoing development of opportunities in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic. Responsibilities include:
• Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and application of standard engineering or construction techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• Coordinates with and provides guidance to drafters/designers, engineers, craft workers, other project team members, subconsultants, contractors or subcontractors.
• Develops and implements project resource plans and manages the staffing of assigned projects.
• Determines and coordinates the proper staffing within the project including identification of outside resources needed (subs/vendors) and ensures procurement processes are followed.
• Clearly communicates project deadlines, assignments and objectives to project team members.
• Assigns work and provides direction to project staff with regard to timeliness and completion of project objectives.
• Coaches project staff and provides feedback to staff and to project staff's supervisors on project performance; escalates any performance issues to appropriate management and human resources.
• Builds, maintains and manages strong client relationships.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• 5 or more years of related Geothermal experience.
• PMP (PMI), CCM or DBIA certification is required (within 12 months of hire or promotion onto the Approved Project Manager list).
• Experience working with project management methodology including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• In-depth knowledge of project goals, drivers, strategies, risks and opportunities.
• Good interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients.
• Ability to interact with many people and process a large volume of requests as necessary.
• Excellent personal computer skills including strong knowledge in MS Word and Excel.
• Strong organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Civil Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program.
• Experience in Geothermal Facility Assessment & Energy Analysis, Vertical Bore field Design, Horizontal Bore field Design, Geothermal Site Planning, Geothermal Bore field Operational Analysis, Infrastructure Master Planning and Life-Cycle Cost Analysis preferred.
• Experience with district heating/cooling and a strong desire to focus on geothermal engineering will be considered in lieu of direct geothermal experience.
• Ability to lead teams to create engineering designs including geothermal systems master planning & studies primarily for closed loop systems; conceptual and basis of design technical documents; analyzes horizontal and vertical geothermal bore field systems; creates detailed design of district-scale geothermal heating and cooling systems for sustainability/energy efficiency/renewable energy/green buildings focused projects.
• Licensed as Professional Engineer strongly preferred.
Our client is a global privately owned engineering and construction firm providing solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities.
Their industrial team provides full-service solutions—process engineering and plant betterment, facilities and infrastructure improvements, comprehensive environmental and water services, and various specialty offerings—to various industries. This allows their team to take sole responsibility for project delivery, from initial concept development through design, construction, commissioning and O&M. The Industrial Division serves the Chemicals, Food & Beverage, Industrial Manufacturing, Metals & Mining, Oil & Gas and Power & Renewable Energy markets.
Why this opportunity?:
Our client is an employee-owned organization that cares about their people. They stand out among Engineering and Design companies – they 100% embrace technology and innovation, and their project sizes are large enough and small enough to innovate in a meaningful way. As well, they are incredibly growth-minded, while not all about selling hours for dollars. As well, leadership and culture are extremely important at CDM Smith. They are looking for high-caliber, highly experienced leaders who are hungry and motivated to grow professionally. They attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow, so there is tremendous opportunity to advance in your career.