Don't miss this opportunity to interview candidates such as M.B.
Army Electrician with Industry Experience
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Journeyman Inside Wireman
- Read and Interpret Blueprints, Schematics, and Specifications
- Excellent Troubleshooting Ability
- Great Working Knowledge of Proper PPE, and Safety Measures
- Skilled with Conduit, Motors, Controllers, and Switchgear
- Knowledgeable in National Electric Code
- Previously Certified Substation Maintenance Technician
- URD Technician
Service Technician, Electric Company | 2018
- Serviced instrumentation, valves, and potential transformers during power plant shutdown.
Instrumentation Controls and Electrical Technician, Oil & Gas Company | 2017
- Short called to install motor control and power cables at a natural gas compressor station.
Foreman, Electrical Contractor for Utility and Industrial Customers | 2017
- Trained new apprentices in proper techniques.
- Ensured that all personnel on site were using proper safety equipment.
United States Army | 2008 - 2017
Construction Squad Leader | 2016 - 2017
- Supervised a squad of up to 15 soldiers.
- Responsible for training soldiers in construction techniques, as well as tasks.
- Served as Urban Search and Rescue Team Leader.
Contracting Officers Representative | 2015 - 2016
- Served as a Contracting Officers Representative on the largest Department of Defense base support contract valued at over $2.8B.
- Ensured that maintenance of facilities was performed in a timely manner and to code.
- Handled customer concerns and ensured quality of life for over 10,000 personnel in over 1,000 facilities.
Prime Power Electrician | 2011 - 2014
- Interior Electrician, Contracting Officers Technical Representative.
- Served as the Lead Electrician on many low voltage construction projects, including the re-wiring of the Non-Commissioned Officer Academy on Schofield Barracks, Hawaii.
- Selected over peers to serve as a Contracting Officers Technical Representative on a $54M power plant contract on forward operating base Shank in Afghanistan.
- Served as the Power Optimization Non-Commissioned Officer in charge for regional command east in Afghanistan, during which time was responsible for removing over 125 megawatts of spot generation and connecting the associated facilities to the power grid, saving the U.S. Government over $24M per year in maintenance and fuel costs.
- Aided the Federal Emergency Management Agency by performing load assessments of critical infrastructure facilities in and around Boston, Massachusetts to better prepare it for response to natural disasters.
Interior Electrician / Team Leader | 2008 - 2011
- Served as a Team Leader supervising 12 soldiers.
- Supervised the electrical work on several construction projects both stateside and in Afghanistan.
- In charge of setting up power distribution for combat outpost Andar in Afghanistan.
- Requested by name to assist prime power in the installation of a large power distribution system for the brigade headquarters complex on forward operating base Sharana in Afghanistan.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Certified Substation Maintenance Technician
US Army Electricians Course