Job Ref: # EB-1425623043
Date Posted: 9/20/2023 1:51:19 PM
City, State: Ashburn, VA
Salary: $38 - $39
DescriptionTitle: Field Service Technician
Location: Ashburn, VA (60 miles radius of Ashburn)
Shift: Dayshift: Dayshift
Compensation: $38.06 - $39.26/hr
Benefits: Benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, vision and many more!
Travel: Daily travel with around 30% overnight. Although less frequent- some longer trips of up to a week are possible.
Vaccine Requirement: Covid-19 Vaccination not Required.
The Field Service Technician is primarily responsible for more difficult and /or complicated maintenance activities on company's Uninterrupted Power Systems along with their associated equipment. Other responsibilities include and are not limited to assembly, disassembly, testing, and commissioning of systems. He/She will also be required to provide and facilitate general assistance where needed. The position will be focused on customer satisfaction by ensuring contractual obligations are met and equipment down time is minimal.
Basic supervisory / mentorship responsibilities required at this level as being assigned as the lead technician for a maintenance activity or trouble calls. The Intermediate Technician will be under the direct supervision of the Regional Service Manager (RSM). In the event that the Intermediate Technician is assigned a project, he/she will be under the supervision of the Lead Technician assigned to the project or the Project Manager (PM).
• Provide customer service by analyzing and evaluating equipment performance within an assigned area of responsibility.
• Provide assistance and technical support to less experienced personnel.
• Develop sound maintenance techniques through system knowledge.
• Perform direct maintenance as required where more complex equipment problems exist.
• Understands and helps to maintain service contracts.
• Maintains assigned “Ready Kits” through inventory control and parts requisition.
• Maintain and account for tools and test equipment necessary to perform required duties.
• Provide machine start-up and installation coverage on an as needed basis.
• Uphold and continually improve upon the highest level of customer satisfaction possible.
• Understand and utilize procedures methodically and safely.
• Diagnose, document and report problems / technical findings with recommended repair actions.
• Timely reporting of events, causes and actions related to customer load losses. Provide necessary assistance to Technical Support in an effort to resolve the problem.
• Provide rigging and delivery assistance.
• Contractor facilitation and installation assistance where possible.
• Attend customer meetings.
• Facilitates work by electrical contractors for equipment installation.
• Emergency and/or routine repairs on power generating equipment.
• Emergency parts delivery to customer site.
• Perform preventative maintenance on all company equipment including: UPS Systems, Frequency Converters, Diesel Controls, Switchgear, and Battery Systems, as trained.
• Progressive proficiency in job reporting and communication skills.
• Maintains a good understanding of, while adhering to, company policies, guidelines, philosophies and procedures.
• Thorough working knowledge of DMMs, Digital Scope Meters, Amp meters/probes, oscilloscopes, load banks, BMIs, AstroMeds, and RPM units.
• Provide emergency customer response by participating in weekly technician on-call schedule.
• Complete and submit error free time sheets, expense reports and job reports within the required time frame while assisting junior techs with it.
• Attend all formal and informal training courses as directed by the RSM.
• Other tasks, in-house and on-site, as assigned by their RSM, Lead Technician or PM.
• Report customer opportunities (i.e. upgrades, new equipment, etc.) to the appropriate sales personnel.
• Adhere to guidelines outlined in the Field Service Technician Manual, with emphasis on safe work practices.
• Participate in the Resident Technician Program.
• A Trade School Associates Degree or Armed Forces equivalent are desirable pre-requisites.
• Minimum of four years’ experience in the power industry in either the military or commercial markets or equivalent experience.
• Strong understanding of electronic/power principles.
• A basic knowledge of mechanical fundamentals as they apply to supporting company UPS equipment.
• Must have completed Level 1 & Level 2 training for all company UPS equipment in assigned territory.
• Willingness and ability to travel 75% or more to support field service application, within and outside assigned region.
• Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs. alone. Must be able to climb ladders and work safely.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.