Position ID: # EB-4071550545
Date Posted: 11/28/2022 4:29:19 PM
Location: Anaheim, CA
Salary: $110,000 - $120,000
Job DescriptionPosition Details:
• Location: Anaheim, CA
• Schedule: Traditional day hours, Mon thru Friday (on-site at the branch in Anaheim)
• Compensation: Target base salary $110K - $120K (for Sr Design Specialist) and $90K - $105K (for Level 2 Engineer)
o Bonuses/Additional Compensation: Relocation assistance can be provided on a case-by-case basis.
• Benefits: Company offers an excellent benefits package with comprehensive medical/dental/vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401k, tuition assistance opportunities, paid time off, pet insurance, etc.
• Vaccine Requirement: None
Position Description: Sr. Design Engineering Specialist
In this role you will have advanced awareness of the technical needs of the controls systems programming, integration to other systems and very sophisticated HVAC strategies (if working in the control field). You may also act as a lead to assist others on complex project tasks and provide mentoring and direct supervision when required. Some specific responsibilities include:
• Design Controls projects (using Visio and/or AutoCAD) to meet scope of work and budget as defined by contract documents and sales estimate ensuring equipment compatibility.
• Provide Visio labor and direction as required to complete submittals and other engineered drawings accurately and professionally.
• Interpret project documents, estimate, and other information as available to select the proper equipment to achieve the scope of work required in the most economical and functional manner.
• Recommend technical solutions to sales and operations.
• Provide input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, value engineering, and design.
• Provide support for ongoing service engineering and support for existing building systems.
• Complete Bill of Material for every project.
• Generate Request for Information (RFIs) to clarify design issues and recommend appropriate solutions as necessary.
• Assist Sales team during estimation/bid phase of the project by providing design support.
• As assigned develop and maintain a library of engineering standards for both company and the industry.
• Suggest/recommend new products that provide better functionality and value to projects.
In order to be successful in this role, you must have experience with Building Automation Systems (BAS) design, using either Visio or AutoCAD. You should have a good working knowledge of HVAC operations and DDC control systems and be comfortable navigating computer operating systems, including the ability to configure and debug computer and networking problems.
Company Description: From their beginnings in HVAC solutions, the company has steadily invested in the people, technology, and services to be their customers’ trusted business partner for building solutions. Today, company is one of the leading providers of building technologies and energy solutions in the nation – delivering results for thousands of customers, every day. Their strategic business partners include the world’s leading suppliers of building automation, security, life safety, and energy efficiency technologies.