Title: Diesel Fleet Mechanic Technician
Location: Jackson, WI
Shift: 2nd shift is a Monday – Friday 2pm – 10:30pm
Compensation: $25-$37/HR-Plus $2 shift differential and $7500 sign on bonus
Benefits: Sysco offers its employees a tremendous Corporate Benefits package to include:
• 5+ hours of O/T each week if you are interested
• Comprehensive Medical / Dental / Vision insurance through Blue Cross / Blue Shield
• Life / ADD / Disability insurance plans
• College savings / Tuition reimbursement
• Robust 401k plan (3% automatic contribution + matching up to 6%)
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• “Perks at Work” Associate Discount Program offering discounts for thousands of merchants
Vaccine Requirement: None
Fleet Mechanic I will provide safe, reliable and cost-efficient vehicles by learning to perform quality preventive maintenance inspections and repairs as well as learning to diagnosis and repair as required to prevent breakdowns on road, reduce vehicle downtime and improve total fleet reliability.
• Learn to perform required inspections and preventive maintenance under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet manager on vehicles and equipment to maximize the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life cycle of the fleet.
• Learn to perform FAI/CVI (Annual) (First Article Inspection - Commercial Vehicle Inspection) inspections on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, light-duty vehicles, and any other company-owned equipment under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or manager in accordance with all federal, state and local legal and regulatory agencies. (Includes all state-required inspections and frequencies).
• Learn to perform quality preventive maintenance inspections per company methods under the guidance of fleet technician II & III, fleet supervisor or manager on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and any other company-owned equipment.
• Learn to perform quality maintenance repairs under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or manager as required to maximize safety and reliability on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and any company-owned equipment.
• Learn and develop proficiency in Sysco computer programs and to perform maintenance repairs on all vehicles under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or managers such as inspections, scheduled repairs, malfunctions and road-call repairs in a safe, efficient, timely and quality manner.
• Address all driver vehicle inspection report write-ups timely, efficiently and correctly the first time under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or manager.
• Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer specifications including but not limited to engines, transmissions and clutches, drive-line, differential, steering and suspension, fuel and ignition system, exhaust systems (including regeneration systems), intake systems, electrical systems, brake systems, HVAC systems and lift-gate hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or manager.
• Follow procedures including documenting all work performed on work order using complaint, cause, and correction format under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or manager.
• Would consider someone with vehicle maintenance experience. I.e. Heavy equipment, Tank or GSE maintenance from the military
• Medium/Heavy Duty truck technical training 2-year school (preferred)
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 1 to 3 years of fleet maintenance and repair preferred (No experience required)
• Current and valid driver's license (CDL Preferred)
• Basic knowledge and skill of all vehicle systems and components
• Basic knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of electrical systems on all equipment
• Basic knowledge and skill in welding and cutting (gas, electric, MIG, TIG)
• Basic computer skills and knowledge
• Technicians must own and provide all tools (diagnostic equipment and major tools provided by Sysco) necessary to perform all maintenance inspections, repair and diagnostics.
• Apprentice will have performance reviews regularly to determine areas of improvement and areas that require additional training and development
• Annual Inspector Certification Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Preferred, Not Required)
• Brake Inspector Certification Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Preferred, Not Required)
• ASE certifications – Automotive or Medium/Heavy Duty Trucks (Preferred, Not Required)
• 609 HVAC Certification (Preferred, Not Required)
• Working knowledge of computer-based diagnostic software for OEM & rsquo’s and component manufacturers
• Apprentice will be required to complete SIU training modules for safety and other required courses.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear and will require excellent hand and finger dexterity used for wrenches, hand tools, and other shop equipment.
• The employee is frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or crawl.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit and must frequently lift and/or move up to 100lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in high precarious & confined spaces while being exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
• The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other operating companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.).
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food and non-food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers around the world.
Offers up to $7,500 Sign on Bonus, $600 Annual Tool Allowance, & $175 Boot Allowance