Orion Talent is helping a client hire an Assistant Controls Technician in Indianapolis, IN
In this role you will expect to support programming, troubleshooting, calibration, project implementation and network integration. You will be responsible for keeping the automated industrial control systems current. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and their customer 1st strategy. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety. Essential Job Functions include:
• Demonstrate thorough understanding of industrial control systems and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC’s)
• Install, diagnose and repair electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical components of industrial machinery and equipment
• Replace defective components and wiring, and adjust mechanical parts
• Effectively maintain programming, hardware networking and communication; troubleshoot, determine causes of failure and perform corrective actions; oversee full industrial control system project implementation on both hardware and software problems
• Support predictive and preventative maintenance program
• Support internal projects
• Support plant control system upgrades
• Ensure compliance with Controls Change Management System
• Troubleshoot and calibrate the following properly and safely: control panels using relay logic; Cam-driven switch boxes; heat and humidity control systems; process control valves; pneumatic control systems; hydraulic control systems; metal detection systems; ink jet coding systems, electronic scaling systems, electronic meters
• Interface with and troubleshoot the following motor control equipment properly and safely: motor starters, run relays; Variable Frequency Drives(VFDs); Servo motors and controls
• Interface with and troubleshoot Allen Bradley and other plant PLC’s including connecting to the PLC, reading ladder logic, programming, diagnosing hardware and software problems
• Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements
• Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF Systems
• Accountable to the company’s Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Travel Requirements: None
Shift Work: Standard day shift with project and off shift hours as needed. Additional compensation for off hour support is provided.
Requirements: The Company is looking for experienced Controls and PLC technicians.
• Sound working knowledge of Electrical Safe Work Practices; AC and DC Electrical Theory; reading/creating electrical prints/control schematics; motor control; personal computer hardware and software; computer networks; Human Machine Interface (HMI) systems; pneumatic and hydraulic valves; photo eyes; proximity sensors; limit switches; breakers; fuses
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical blueprints, electrical schematics and parts specifications
• 3 years PLC and HMI programming experience
• Experience with full Industrial Control System project implementation
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to comprehend complex verbal and written instructions
Salary: $33 – 38/hour, plus OT
Benefits: Th Company wants you to be a success! They want to ensure this by giving you a wide variety of career opportunities as well as offer you a comprehensive benefits package, one of the best in their industry to include: Medical Insurance Plans, Vision Care, Prescription Drug Coverage, Dental Care, Disability Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, 401(k) Plan, Holidays/personal days, Vacation, Professional Liability Coverage, Continuing Education Benefits, Scholarship Program, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Assistance Program.
Keys to Successful Interview: Behaviors and skills needed to successfully fulfill this position include:
• Leadership Behaviors:
• Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
• Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
• Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
• Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
• Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
• Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
• Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
• Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
• Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
• Job Specific Skills:
• Quality Orientation - Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking and documenting processes and tasks.
• Time Management (Reliability) - Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
• Contributing to Team Success - Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.