Position ID: # EB-8494061131
Date Posted: 3/2/2023 4:24:04 PM
Location: Washington, DC
Salary: $100,000 - $105,000
Job DescriptionPosition Details:
• Title: Senior Accountant, Revenue
• Location: D.C. or Durham, NC
• Shift: 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday, 1st 3 months 3 days/week in office then 4 to 5 days a month in office
• Travel: No
• Compensation: Durham range: $75,000 - $93,000
DC range: $85,000 - $105,000
o Bonuses/Additional Compensation – Incentive Bonus, pre-taxed transportation and parking withholdings, reimbursement for personal cell phone and fitness
• Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO (16 vacation, 10 personal, 11 holiday, 20hrs volunteer leave, 401k (4%)
• Vaccine Requirement: Yes (no booster required)
The right candidate will have strong technical accounting skills, superior analytical and problem-solving skills, and a customer service mindset.
• Review customer contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606
• Responsible for ensuring that our accounting applications and supporting processes result in timely and accurate financial reporting on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
• Perform reviews for complex revenue transactions.
• Play a key role in month-end closing activities.
• Responsible for reconciliation of accrued and deferred revenue accounts.
• Analyze financial data and document findings for communication to management, stakeholders, and external parties.
• Support the annual audit process.
• Complete analysis and special projects as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent level of experience (8 years of experience without a bachelor’s degree)
• 4+ years of relevant professional experience
• Solid understanding of GAAP
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet a constant stream of deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to provide excellent service to internal clients, including being able to diagnose and anticipate difficult challenges, provide proactive and effective solutions, and demonstrate a strong understanding of others’ perspectives.
• An entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to use available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team learning, including a willingness to request feedback and incorporate it to improve individual performance and to seek out and participate in career-relevant learning activities.
• Highly detailed and organized.
Other Highly Preferred Skills and Experience
• CPA or CPA track
• Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerBI, Salesforce, and/or Microsoft Great Plains