Position: Project Manager
Position Description: Project Managers are responsible for all aspects of job management for one or more projects, and development of new business opportunities.
Location: Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
Salary: $130k-$145k plus annual bonus 22.5%, choice of vehicle allowance $600 a month or paid mileage.
Travel: All jobsites are in the Dallas-Fort Worth, TX area. Project Manager will be on two job sites, may start with one and get another one. Project Manager is required to go to the jobsite once a week. No overnight travel unless needed for a project, in that case it may be twice a month for a night or so. Company paid mileage and food.
Shift: Monday-Friday 7am-4pm
• 4-year degree, plus extensive/knowledge managing wood frame multi-family construction projects
• At least one multifamily project (start to finish) as a project manager
• Computer proficiency is required
• Working knowledge of Procore, Sage 100, Microsoft Office Suite, and Microsoft Project.
• Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities are vital.
• Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance. Knowledge and understanding of OSHA regulations, current building codes, contract documents, insurance and bonding concepts, etc. Advanced negotiation tactics.
• Must display a positive and professional attitude at all times. Must champion company goals and culture.
• Actively support company's values at all times.
• Multifamily (apartment & senior living) in the 40-60 million range, 300 + units, mostly wraps
• Managing the budget
• Be on time, set priorities, and personally accountable for the functions associated with assigned position and project.
• Maintain positive relationship with Client, Architect, Engineers, Subcontractors and other project stakeholders to facilitate construction activities, while keeping everyone informed and involved
• Discuss personal development training with direct reports and others as directed; craft training opportunities that meet specific needs; coach others as directed.
• Create team accountability.
• Ability to work long, unsupervised hours, including the possibility of working during "off hours" and/or weekends.
• Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions including rain events, extreme hot and extreme cold. Occasional standing and/or walking over uneven, varied, and/or obstructed terrain for extended periods of time, climbing stairs and/or ladders, and some lifting may be required. Perform additional assignments as directed by corporate executives.
• Assist Estimating with pre-construction activities when assigned. Involvement in early project planning is important. The Project Manager should be knowledgeable of local practices, conditions, and materials.
• Review budget, all plans, specifications, and associated revisions, with the Superintendent to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Identify and analyze all cost savings options and suggest possible alternative that will not change the design intent. Develop construction schedule utilizing, Microsoft Project, during the project planning phase.
• Work with superintendent to develop site logistics plan.
• Work with Assistant Project Manager to set up all document control logs (Submittal, RFI, Time Impact, Change Order, Drawing, Close-out, etc.) utilizing Procore. Construction
• Complete project buyout process within approved timeline of project commencement date.
• Negotiate final cost and scope of work for all subcontracts and purchase orders required.
• Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
• Review and Coordinate shop drawings and submittals to confirm compliance with the project documents. Upon review, forward to architect, engineers, vendors, and owner for final approval.
• Manage all financial aspects of contracts to protect company's interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client.
• Responsible for maintaining an accurate/up to date project schedule bimonthly, or as often as directed.
• Visit jobsite weekly. Inspect field files, walk the jobsite, and check the quality of work being performed. Assist project supervision in making certain subcontractors are performing as agreed. Confirm progress according to the project schedule. Scan jobsite for potential safety concerns.
• Ensure that field reports, meetings, inspections, photos and other required documentation is occurring inside of Procore.
• Act as liaison between company in all aspects of the project. This includes communication with office, jobsite locations, other departments, external contacts, clients, municipalities, public utilities, etc. Such liaison may be required to arrange meetings, clarify and resolve problems, expedite communications, coordinate work, maintain working relationship, and incidental activities to facilitate Company Business.
• Ensure all project tracking logs, change order log, and drawing logs are maintained daily in Procore. Create additional project documents including monthly cost projections, change orders, letters, memos, reports, project schedules, and incidental documents as required. Ensure project staff is applying safety principles in the field, make statements and ask questions to ensure staff is thinking about safety, take actions to ensure implementation of safety program when necessary. Generate monthly owner billings.
• Ensure accuracy of subcontractor billings with superintendent input.
• Approve all project cost and ensure properly coded. Ensure subcontractors are paid timely.
• Ensure monthly cost reporting is timely and accurate.
• Oversee the punch list process. Assist in supervision of support staff, including Assistant Project Manager and Project Coordinator.
• Post Construction Coordinate preparation and distribution of all project close-out materials including, but not limited to, operation and maintenance manuals, warranty letters and as-built drawings.
• Facilitate project completion audits when applicable.
• Coordinate, supervise, and ensure completion of all warranty issues after project completion through the approved warranty process. Ensure accurate and timely final billings from subcontractors and collect all final lien waivers, warranties, as-builts, etc. prior to final payments.