Date Posted: 10/13/2021 4:50:46 PM
Location: Sylmar, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Our client is a family-owned conglomerate of beer distributors that has grown into the largest beer distributor in the United States. Today, our client operates out of 23 warehouses and 31 individual distribution companies, delivering over 223 million cases to more than 57 thousand accounts over the last year.
Position: Warehouse Supervisor
Location: Sylmar, CA
Supervises the receiving, storing, packing, and shipping of merchandise or materials. Maintains stock records and schedules.
• Ensure quality standards and productivity standards are achieved with safety being a priority.
• Accountable for supervisory functions of the shift/department assigned
• Responsible for Warehouse productivity tracking, to meet customer schedules and maximize operational efficiency
• Assist with various transportation/warehouse duties related to DOT regulations, OSHA, fleet operations, and scheduling
• Coach and lead the Warehouse team to increase productivity and provide high-quality customer service
• Ensure completion and proper execution of work procedures
• Ability to read and understand product codes
• Other projects or duties as assigned.
4 Pillars of Role:
• Technical Foundation – Demand Planning, purchasing, inventory management, supply planning, forecasting, and issuing of purchase orders
• Not looking for purchasing experience focused on sourcing, negotiation of contracts, or supplier management
• Leadership – Planning leadership experience 20-30 planners
• Relationship Building with internal stakeholders
• Relationship Building with external suppliers
• College Degree or equivalent
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
• Minimum 2-4 years of experience working in a warehouse, transportation, purchasing, customer service, sales or similar supply chain department
• High school diploma required
• Must be available to work any hours, days, or any shift
• Strong communication (written and oral) and problem-solving skills
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Able to safely use various warehouse equipment, including a forklift
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.