Date Posted: 9/9/2022 4:07:01 PM
Location: East Coast, DC
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $55,000 - $60,000
Orion Talent is helping a company looking for an accountant who can be the primary liaison between HR and finance. This person will work closely with benefits and payroll invoices and transactions, reconciliations and mi month/month end reports.
Company manages payroll and benefits accounting for five separate organizations in which are hosted hundreds of unique and financially discrete teams, each requiring their own financial reporting. This role is responsible for the aggregation, analysis and reconciliation of employee-level data required for accurate and timely inclusion into the appropriate general ledger accounts of a complex system of multi-organizational financial statements. The personnel reconciliation cost activities include adherence to a prescribed checklist and strict monthly timeline, but also includes frequent ad hoc requests and historical inquiries, requiring a facility in problem-solving and research.
• Primary liaison between human resources and finance & accounting teams, including, but not limited to issue logging, and timely response and resolution of all inquiries.
• Participate in a team dedicated to process and system improvement
• Acquire, develop, and generate reports necessary to provide employee-level detail for benefits and payroll-related invoices and transactions. This includes navigating, compiling and reconciling multiple source data systems, spanning Ultimate Kronos Group (UKG), PlanSource Benefits Management, COBRAPoint, Alegeus, CommuterCheck. This role requires capabilities in navigating multiple reporting systems and file types.
• Manipulate and compile file formats to reconcile all benefit vendor invoice detail to charges, including but not limited to health, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability insurance, optional life and disability insurance, commuter check, HRA, FSA, and COBRA. Also includes reconciliation of various provider admin fees.
• Submit all vendor invoices via the accounts payable (AP) process, resolve inquiries from AP staff to ensure timely payments, and shepherd all payments to completion.
• Reconcile all vendor transactions to bank activity. Resolve and document discrepancies.
• Re-format and reconcile COBRA remittance reports. Reconcile and resolve incoming funds transactions.
• Produce and reconcile payroll reports to bank activity (including regular cycle payrolls, ad-hoc payrolls, and any associated tax credits and debits). This includes net pay, taxes, 401K. Resolve and document discrepancies.
• Generate mid- month and month-end written reports detailing new or unique transaction types and/or anomalies in reconciliation.
• Support regular and ad hoc internal audit activities
• Maintain documentation of reconciliation processes and activities
To Be Successful in This Role, You’ll Need:
• Associate's/Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or equivalent experience
• At least two years of work experience in an accounting role preferred
• Demonstrated experience and resourcefulness researching, investigating and reconciling personnel financial data.
• Strong facility in generation and manipulation of reports across multiple systems (standard and custom)
• Skilled at identifying process inefficiencies and solution development/implementation
• Familiarity with systems and processes that sit at the intersection of the human resources, finance and accounting functions, specifically as they relate to payroll and benefits. Understanding of basic accounting principles, specifically personnel accounting and/or project-based accounting preferred
• Exposure to month-end and year-end close cycles
• Intermediate capabilities in Microsoft Excel. Microsoft Access skills a plus.
• Experience or familiarity with general accounting software
• Exposure to Salesforce, Concur, Replicon, Plansource, Great Plains and/or UltiPro a plus.
• Superior judgement, able to quickly analyze a new landscape and its implications, understanding when to be resourceful and when to escalate
• Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to report on complex data in an easily understandable manner
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work independently and within teams in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
• Ability to manage and meet deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously
Our Core Competencies:
• Ability to provide excellent service, including the ability to efficiently and independently address routine service matters, to suggest effective client-centered solutions when elevating challenges or concerns, and to understand how the team can operate to maintain high-quality service.
• The ability to complete complex tasks, to use a work plan to undertake projects, and to understand how those projects impact the client, team, and/or firm’s objectives
• The ability to understand stakeholders’ perspectives and circumstances, and to build and manage strong relationships that reflect that understanding.
• The ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally, including the ability to adapt style, tone, and content to various audiences; to make technical information accessible to broader audiences; and to collaborate with others to produce strong written deliverables
• The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including knowing when and how to compromise, being willing to proactively help colleagues, and sharing knowledge in various mediums
• An enthusiasm for taking on stretch and development opportunities, including the ability to accept feedback and use it to improve performance
• The ability to take ownership and be creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that don’t have obvious answers, including knowing when to elevate challenges along with possible solutions
• Demonstrate the ability to bring an understanding of how privilege and marginalization affect their interactions and work with others