Date Posted: 1/14/2022 10:22:25 AM
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $60,000 - $65,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Production Supervisor with a leading provider of industry solutions and business productivity for component manufacturers.
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Shift: Monday – Friday Night Shift (2:00PM – 10:30PM)
Pay: Annual Salary $60-$65k
Benefits: The company offers an industry leading benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401K match program (up to 4.5%), 3 weeks PTO, and multiple other fringe benefits. This position will also be provided a cell phone by the company.
Position Description: Production Supervisor
The Production Supervisor Directs and coordinates activities of the production department to ensure customer/company requirements are met. Works with support teams to make sure a good team atmosphere is in place. Responsible for quality, scheduling, attendance, production, process improvement, and all other duties as assigned. Ensure that team members work safely following all company safety policies and implement all policies and guidelines. They must operate the production process within all applicable legal, safety and environmental requirements; communicate and implement procedures regarding safety compliance, hazard elimination, and accident prevention. Produce market rate of demand reliable quality products. Ensure balanced shift flow. Manage capacity requirements and efficiencies with an emphasis on improving methods and quality while reducing costs and operating safely. Ensures quality processes will be consistently employed at the production cells. Maintain pace management and establish measurements that track continuous improvements made in safety, quality, cost, and product flow. Perform duties in a self-directed team environment that encourages strategic change management and innovative thought processes. Ensure high levels of communication between both assembly shifts and engineering functions. Identify, lead, and develop talent in order to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness in meeting company goals. This may include selecting and on-boarding talent, communicating effectively to foster a culture of engagement, cascading vision, creating goal alignment; and coaching through feedback, development planning and performance management.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in in facilitating or supervising in a manufacturing environment
• Leadership experience and demonstrated ability to develop and grow a highly functional work team
• Strong organizational skills and initiative
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Familiarity and ability to use basic machine shop equipment, hand tools, forklift, crane, and material handling equipment
• Must have a high level of safety awareness and maintain a record of good safety habits