Date Posted: 7/23/2023 7:34:23 PM
City, State: Orlando, FL
Job Type: Full Time
Min Years Experience Required: 15
Required Degree: Bachelors Degree
Salary (USD): $170,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Senior Director, Projects positions with a company that designs, develops, and delivers entertainment experiences imaginable to drive growth for parks and resorts worldwide.
Location: Orlando, FL
Compensation: $170K or more base salary, depending on experience, plus 18% Bonus
Schedule: M - F
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), short/long-term disability, flexible spending/health savings accounts, PTO plus paid Holidays, plus many great perks - park passes, hotel discounts, etc.
Vaccine Requirement: Company does not have a vaccination requirement or policy.
As the Senior Director, Projects, you will be responsible for directing and managing all aspects necessary for the development of a new multi-million dollar Theme Park project in Orlando, including all planning, budgeting, scheduling, estimating, design, construction, fabrication, delivery, and commissioning required to open the attraction within the assigned budget, quality, schedule, creative, and guest experience targets.
You will supervise higher-level management. Direct reports include Creative Director, Producer, Attraction Designers, Art Directors, Show Set Designers, Coordinators, Senior Engineers, Technical Managers, Project Managers, Facility Design Manager, Construction Managers, and Superintendents. You will be responsible for managing project teams consisting of Architects, Engineers, Project Managers, Accountants, Designers, Legal Staff, and Technical personnel ranging from 20 – 30 people. You will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities will include:
• Construction/Fabrication/Implementation: Responsible for the prequalification, procurement, selection, contracting and performance of all Contractors, Vendors, Manufacturers, Fabricators, etc. required to complete the development of the new attraction. Ensure that all project procedures are being followed as it relates to Correspondence, RFI’s, Directives, Shop Drawings, Submittals, Meeting Minutes, Punch Lists, Deficiency Lists, Notices, Pay Applications, etc. necessary to successfully implement the new attractions.
• Personnel Management: Responsible for the hiring and selection of the necessary project team members required to implement the project. Responsible for the performance of each of the project team individuals as it relates to the successful opening of the new attraction. Responsible for the development and growth of the project team.
• Creative Development: Responsible for the management and development of the creative content done by the Creative team members or outside consultants. Responsible for the final delivery of a guest experience that meets the initial objectives set forth during project approval. Responsible for the prequalification, procurement, selection, contracting and performance of any and all designers and vendors contracted to develop creative concepts.
• Design Management: Responsible for the prequalification, procurement, selection, contracting and performing of any and all Architectural, Engineering, Technical Designers and Creative Designers hired to complete the design phase of the attraction. Responsible for the successful completion of the design within the budget and schedule established for the project.
• Budget/Scheduling: Responsible for maintaining the overall project budget and schedule within the targeted objectives set forth during project approval.
• Project Reporting: Responsible for the management, tracking and reporting of all of the necessary project components inclusive of budget, schedule and progress of the project to upper management. Responsible to maintain accurate documentation necessary to insure a successful project completion within the targeted budget and schedule.
• Responsible for management of standard policies and procedures within a major function and may coordinate work processes across divisions. Accountable for divisional key performance indicators (Annual Operating Plan, GSAT, TSAT.).
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in Architectural, Engineering, or Construction Management.
• 15+ years of experience in the development and management of major projects with hospitality/entertainment/theme park experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong leadership skills – ability to motivate and drive/influence performance from design through construction of internal and external teams/employees.
• Strong organization and planning skills. The planning horizon is three years. Planning requires knowledge of in-depth division operating plan and understanding of overall Company goals.
• Solid working knowledge of complex project design and construction - theme parks, show/ride a plus.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong ability to manage budgets and hold teams accountable to KPIs.