Date Posted: 9/21/2021 11:56:00 AM
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $160,000 - $210,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Plant Manager
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Shift: Traditional Day Shift
Salary: ($135k – 150k base, plus 20% Annual Target Bonus Plan) ; (40% cap at 200% of target) Total 1st Year Comp = $162k – 210k
Benefits: Comprehensive team and you'll be rewarded with competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing your skills and building your career. The benefits package includes medical, dental, excellent 401k plan, short-term and long-term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Position Description: Plant Manager
The Plant Manager will ensure the safe and efficient delivery of quality product to internal and external customers globally. The Plant Manager directs and manages all plant operations with overall responsibilities for production, engineering, facilities/maintenance, planning, and warehousing. Primary responsibilities include:
• Maintain and improve a safety culture that provides a low-risk work environment and the employee commitment to behave in a safe manner at all times.
• Ensure that all OSHA and local regulatory requirements are met for training, documentation and reporting.
• Ensure all local and state environmental regulations and requirements are fulfilled.
• Deliver Six Sigma levels of quality to internal and external customers. Enthusiastically drive the company’s quality standards to comply with cGMP and ISO 13485.
• Work closely with the engineering, technical, and quality teams to support and maintain the Validation Master Plan.
• Leverage the company standards for work instructions, document management, and training.
• Reduce patient safety risk through supporting the development and use of FMEAs and control plans.
• Respond to customer complaints through the disciplined application of the company’s CAPA procedure. Contain potential problems, investigate causes, implement solutions and prevent the problem from recurring.
• Visit customers or host plant visits as necessary to create and maintain relationships.
• Meet or exceed lead time and On-Time-In-Full (OTIF) goals.
• Work with planning, scheduling and purchasing to ensure the efficient and effective scheduling of production.
• Balance the need to reduce inventories, meet customer promises, and optimize the productivity of the operation.
• Support commercial team in developing capabilities and capacity necessary to grow the business.
• Lead the Management Operating System (MOS) to deliver continuous improvement in manufacturing KPIs. Audit compliance to the system and monitor results.
• Create Capital Expenditure Requests (CERs) and coordinate the efficient and effective installation of plant upgrades and new equipment with suppliers and sub-contractors.
• Drive productivity to best-in-class levels through targeted improvement and process control efforts, work standards, robust training, statistical process control, error-proofing, rapid changeover methods, and thoughtful scheduling.
• Work cross functionally to provide the information needed to maintain accurate Engineering Masters and Quality Documentation.
Morale / Leadership
• Model the company values to create a culture of open communication, data-driven decisions, relentless preparation, winning as a team, and over-delivering.
• Communicate and share business reality with the workforce and prepare people for change. Use Key Performance Indicators to communicate goals and progress.
• Develop the workforce’s technical, and communication skills to ensure operational performance can be sustained over time and disruptions to customer needs are prevented.
• Ensure the consistent and thoughtful application of company policies and programs by working closely with Human Resources.
• Manage site-specific operations including Manufacturing, Engineering, Planning, Warehouse, and other site-specific departments.
• Work with the Global Operations team to set and communicate the operating strategy.
• Prepare thoughtful operational plans, key performance indicator (KPI) targets, and budgets.
• Drive continuous improvement efforts to eliminate waste and improve operational performance.
• Work with the financial team to deliver improvements in site operating profit and cash flow rolling up to the regional P&L.
• Provide direction, development and leadership to Production Team Leaders, Process Engineering Manager, Maintenance/Facility Manager, Master Scheduler and Warehouse Team Leader.
• B.S. in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering, Operations, or closely related field
• 5+ years of manufacturing leadership experience
• Strong speaking and writing skills
• Demonstrated ability to cultivate a continuous improvement culture
• Self-starter, results-oriented, initiative, sense of urgency, good communications skills, and detail-focused
• Possesses strong tendencies to work in partnership with both colleagues and customers
• Knowledge of Lean Sigma and history of optimizing manufacturing processes
• Computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office
• Skilled at technical writing
• Ability to effectively plan and organize, work under pressure, and maximize efficiency