Date Posted: 9/15/2021 1:29:16 AM
Location: Mt Prospect, IL
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $80,000 - $85,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Service Technician positions with a leading international precision machine tool builder.
Location: Mount Prospect, IL
Salary: $80K - $85K + per diem when traveling
Travel: The job involves up to 80% travel for machine setup/installation and service.
Benefits: Health, vision, dental, disability insurance, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacations and holidays.
As a Service Technician, your responsibilities will include:
• Interpret schematics, blueprints, and other technical documents before installing a new piece of equipment. Calibrate different parts of the machine and ensure everything runs smoothly, then test it for accuracy. Finally, complete all work orders, logs, or other documentation that show what work has been completed.
• Install and test machines and train customers on the proper use of equipment.
• Answer telephone inquiries and assist customers.
• Perform preventative maintenance by regularly inspecting equipment to make sure it conforms to normal operational standards, then take steps to correct any abnormalities.
• Use diagnostic tools to identify issues and evaluate the available information.
• Fix defective or broken products or order the necessary parts to replace faulty or worn-out parts.
• Uphold Safety standards and regulations.
• Promote company's services.
• Manage overtime on service calls.
• An associate's degree or technical certification in the industry, preferred.
• Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
• Strong working knowledge of equipment and tools used in the industry.
• Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to work independently and diagnose, solve problems based on customers' non-technical descriptions.
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings-mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics.
• Prior experience in Automation is a plus but not required.
• Proficiency with pneumatic, hydraulic components, and servo systems.
• Must be a self-starter with minimal supervision.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Physical fitness to lift heavy equipment, work in confined spaces, and bend frequently.
• Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.