Date Posted: 5/12/2022 5:28:14 PM
Location: Cleveland, OH
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $23 - $36
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Service Technician positions with a world leader in gas and services for Industry and Health.
Location: Cleveland, OH
Salary: $23-$36/hr (Based on experience. They have room for Tech III to Tech I)
Hours: M-F 7am-3:30pm
Training: During the first 6-12 months, you will be on-boarded through the company’s training program. During your training, you will learn about all company products: industry language, specific products / uses, and the ability to install, troubleshoot, and fix products independently. Once training is completed, you will be able to start traveling to customer locations independently for installs/repairs.
Travel: Lighter travel will occur your first year. After initial on-boarding / training has been completed, travel can vary, averaging around 50% nationwide. Travel times are dependent on the size of a project (1 ~ 7 days at a time). When you are not traveling, you will work out of the Oakwood office. Weekend travel is rare but can happen. Depending on where you are traveling to you can drive your personal vehicle and receive mileage reimbursement, rent a vehicle or fly.
Benefits: Our client offers a fantastic benefits package to include: medica/dental/vision insurance, 401k, long-/short-term disability, tuition and continuing education benefits, performance bonuses, 10 days PTO, 3 floating holidays in addition to standard federal holiday, etc.
As a Service Technician, you will be responsible for providing mechanical and electrical fabrication, assembly, and testing of gas related equipment and components designed and built by the company for customers in the Chemical, Food, Metals, and Specialty Gas Industries. If selected, you will be involved in supporting the installation, start-up, and long-term field service of such equipment, including equipment troubleshooting, calibration, repair, and customer training. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assembly and testing of equipment as defined by technical drawings, Bill of Materials (BOM), specifications, and procedures at the company or fabricator facility.
• Tube bending, pipe assembly, and some electrical assembly.
• Provide design and reliability feedback to engineers and designers to optimize equipment layout and future designs.
• Oversee contractors or perform installation of equipment, piping/tubing at customer locations.
• Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) creation or updating for new or modified equipment.
• Equipment troubleshooting, repair, tuning, and calibration.
• Warehouse support activities as needed, which includes receiving/shipping, inventory staging, and management.
• Former military technicians and civilians with experience related to the troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of electronic and mechanical systems are ideal.
• Good working knowledge and comfort level with computers as well as be able to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
• Since this is a customer-facing role (on-site at a customer facility), you must demonstrate the highest levels of interpersonal and positive communications skills.
• Candidates with previous HVAC knowledge will do really well in this role.
• A good mixture of mechanical and electrical skillset is required, those heavier on the mechanical side may perform better in this role.