Date Posted: 10/19/2022 5:17:38 PM
Location: Farmington, MI
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $100,000 - $115,000
Position: Senior Buyer
Position Description: The Senior Buyer will be responsible for managing a defined commodity portfolio and developing and implementing commodity strategies in alignment with corporate objectives.
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Salary: $100k to $115k
• Bachelor’s Degree required with focus in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Operations, or Engineering.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of purchasing and supply chain management experience preferred, including negotiating with suppliers and managing the supply base post-sourcing.
• Automotive OEM or Tier 1 experience preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Strong analytical and technical skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Approximately 5% travel required
• Preparation and issuance of request for quote (RFQ) followed by evaluation of piece price, tooling costs and total enterprise cost with a focus on metal components.
• Negotiation of cost, terms, quality, technology, and delivery of materials and/or services.
• Development and presentation of sourcing recap and recommendation,
• Purchase order placement and maintenance.
• Analysis of global market conditions and trends as well as new supplier identification.
• Development and execution of commodity and sourcing strategies.
• Ability to analyze and conduct make/buy scenarios and pursue/implement actions in support of corporate cost reduction objectives.
• Support new program launches and interface with internal customers on critical supplier issues and change management.
• Manage supplier performance, identify risks and develop/implement mitigation plans.
• Develop, improve, and document procurement processes.
• Collaborate with global colleagues as required.
• Flexible hybrid office environment.
• Perform other duties as assigned