Date Posted: 6/23/2022 1:08:00 PM
Location: Baltimore, MD
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $115,000 - $125,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for General Manager positions with a preeminent leader of integrated temperature-controlled logistics services to the food and beverage industry.
Location: Baltimore, MD
Salary: $115,000-$125,000 Annual + 20% bonus
Reports To: Chief Operations Officer
Benefits: Our client offers a full medical and dental plan for their employees through Blue Cross and Blue Shield, quarterly bonuses, 401k matching program, 15 days off, and all federal holidays off.
As a General Manager, you will be responsible for all operations and maintenance of your site and report to the Chief Operations Officer. You will oversee the budget, planning, and execution of the day-to-day operations for all business units at the Baltimore site to include a warehouse component, CES, and drayage operation to support each. Each business unit will have separate teams and managers that will report to the General Manager who must ensure that company goals are being met while maintaining all safety and quality standards. You will additionally maintain open lines of communication with customers whose accounts are housed in your building to provide an optimal customer experience that is the cornerstone of the company’s reputation. Responsibilities will include:
• Manage the budget for the Baltimore site and ensure all business units are achieving targeted goals
• Oversee the daily operations plan of assigned site to include warehousing, CES, and drayage operations.
• Forecast and plan labor requirements designed to successfully meet operational needs.
• Responsible for KPI reporting.
• Lead a team of level 2 and level 1 managers, supervisors, and up to 40 warehouse associates.
• Coach, teach, and mentor level 2 and level 1 managers, along with supervisors to effectively lead employees while meeting or exceeding operational goals.
• Ensure compliance for all safety training, as well as new hire orientation training for those assigned to your team.
• Be responsible for oversight of the safety program, to include training, accident reporting/investigations, and associated remediation.
• Be responsible for oversight of the Baltimore site’s maintenance and cleanliness, ensuring a safe, clean work environment for all.
• Ideal candidates for this position will have at least 7+ years’ experience in a large-team leadership role, ideally in warehousing/logistics and in a union setting, but not required. Truly, it is the strong leadership experience that they are looking for. Can you step in, ensure the job gets done, motivate and hold accountable the appropriate folks, and communicate effectively from the floor to the upper management/union/client boardroom?
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Transportation/warehouse experience is highly desired, but not required.
• Strong Leadership skills are a must and demonstrated successful, managing of larger diverse teams.
• Experience in warehouse operations experience with a demonstrated track record of coaching, leading, and developing talent.
• Knowledge of WMS is required.
• Must adhere to all OSHA and safety requirements.
• Proven knowledge of warehouse and yard operations.
• Experience with large and complex customer accounts is required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Experience working in an SQF environment is preferred.
• Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook is required.